How to feed with more than 1 mouse
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PureLoneWolf
Snake Mite

Germany
30 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  08:14:36  Show Profile  Visit PureLoneWolf's Homepage  Click to see PureLoneWolf's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi all

Due to a mistake in purchasing, I need to give Hongy 2 mice instead of his usual meal.

The question is how best to do it. Normally, he takes one and then goes into his warm hide to digest...as I need to give two, what's the best way to do it?

Do I put both mice in at the same time, or wait until he has finished the first, then put the second in a few minutes later?

Thanks

0.0.1 Corn (Hongy)

Simmy_82
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1272 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  08:18:18  Show Profile  Click to see Simmy_82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What size mice?

0.1.0 - Cat - Tallulah
0.0.1 - Carolina Corn Snake - Lilith
Go to Top of Page

PureLoneWolf
Snake Mite

Germany
30 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  08:21:49  Show Profile  Visit PureLoneWolf's Homepage  Click to see PureLoneWolf's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
He normally has one medium sized, and I managed to buy small....so he needs to have two small ones at the mo.

Cheers

0.0.1 Corn (Hongy)
Go to Top of Page

Simmy_82
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1272 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  08:23:46  Show Profile  Click to see Simmy_82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure if its similar to feeding two pinkies. I fed mine at the weekend two pinkies. I let the first get to its stomach before i offered the second.

Others with larger snakes may be able to answer this better.

How many small mice do you have?

0.1.0 - Cat - Tallulah
0.0.1 - Carolina Corn Snake - Lilith
Go to Top of Page

PureLoneWolf
Snake Mite

Germany
30 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  08:26:26  Show Profile  Visit PureLoneWolf's Homepage  Click to see PureLoneWolf's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Four...two more feeds basically...I wouldn't mind going to the pet shop to buy the correct ones and getting rid of the small, but I am not going to be able to do that as my local pet store is waiting on a delivery that got delayed. None of the others in the area seem to have the right size at the mo either :(

0.0.1 Corn (Hongy)
Go to Top of Page

jonoandapril
Hatchling

United Kingdom
171 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  09:21:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
when i give two feed items i wait until their finished with the first then just offer the second. do you feed in or out the viv?

1x amel corn (tango)
1x carolina corn (pepsi)
1x carpet python (butch)
1x normal royal (rachel)
1x bumblebee royal
wishlist: abbotts okeetee female, crawl cay boa, emerald tree boa
Go to Top of Page

PureLoneWolf
Snake Mite

Germany
30 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  09:26:12  Show Profile  Visit PureLoneWolf's Homepage  Click to see PureLoneWolf's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
In the viv, he has a perfect hide to feed on top of that his previous owner used to use...so we carried on with that.

So, it looks like I will offer one, wait until it is fully swallowed, and then give him another :)

Thanks everyone

0.0.1 Corn (Hongy)
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  11:09:18  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You can offer one, then give another once hes done. Or you can just feed one full stop. Going down a feed size for a couple of weeks isnt gonna to any harm.

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  13:09:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2 small mice is far larger than 1 medium mouse.

You don't have to double feed just give 1 every 5 days rather than loading the snakes stomach. You could even just feed 1 on the normal schedule, it won't do any harm at all.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

PureLoneWolf
Snake Mite

Germany
30 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2011 :  12:52:30  Show Profile  Visit PureLoneWolf's Homepage  Click to see PureLoneWolf's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone - Actually..in this case, the 2 small were only a tiny bit bigger than the normal mediums that we give...still - I am going back to the proper size ones for the next feed, so it won't be an issue.

Cheers for all the help

0.0.1 Corn (Hongy)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000