New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

grudie
Hatchling

United Kingdom
114 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2011 :  18:50:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i had peaches out earlier and i noticed she has yellow around her,thought it was just my eyes at first.

ive just done a little google on it as was worried but ive noticed its common in snows,can anyone give me a little more insight into it and if she will get more etc

thanks Lisa

2 cats murphy and tawney
1 border collie beanie
50 pond koi/gold fish garden frogs
1 snow corn peaches
Love is like peeing your pants,everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth!

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2011 :  20:49:28  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
most morphs will develop yellow around the chin and neck, some more than others. This is one of my female adult snows, she's got a mega amount of yellow on her.....

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2011 :  21:19:05  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
eeji speaketh the truth! My ghost motley is developing yellow at the top of his body too

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2011 :  21:47:43  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
xanthin (yellow) pigment usually starts really coming through at about a year old. how much yellow varies a lot, eeji's pic above is definitely a high-yellow example!!
snows usually have their markings in varying amounts of yellow, though there are also different types of snow eg. strawberry and coral are particularly pink coloured

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

grudie
Hatchling

United Kingdom
114 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2011 :  09:46:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh thats great thank you cant wait to see how much more se will get

Eeji she is 1 beautiful snake

2 cats murphy and tawney
1 border collie beanie
50 pond koi/gold fish garden frogs
1 snow corn peaches
Love is like peeing your pants,everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth!
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2011 :  11:37:04  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Something I have often wondered about though is when does a high yellow version of a regular snow become a xanthic snow. I know Xanthic snows have caramel in them but without knowing the genetics is it easy to tell the difference between a regular high yellow snow and a xanthic snow? There aren't many pics of xanthic snows so I wonder if many xanthics are being sold as regular snows without sellers being aware.

Sorry, I'm waffling as I'm pondering lol

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000