Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Auld Baldy
Ikea's Pimp

United Kingdom
1619 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2011 :  01:57:56  Show Profile  Visit Auld Baldy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Although i don't have any experience with Boas I do agree with Bob. If it has been so badly neglected previously then you will have that extra burden to overcome. Stick it out and don't panic. She's in a caring home already. That equals the best for her in my book.

1.0.0: Miami Normal: Taggart
0.0.1: Carolina Normal: Wee Woody
0.0.1: Grey Rat Snake: Mirkey
0.0.1: Amel Corn: Blaze
1.0.0: Carpet Python: Vambo
0.0.1: MBK: Fester
0.0.1: Florida King Snake : Rattler (Rattle & Hum)
0.0.1. California King Snake: El Diablo Diego
0.2.0 Tarantulas : Ermintrude & Euphemia.
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2011 :  10:00:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where are you mate? I dont mind taking her on for a while, maybe work with her and get her calmed down a bit, then you can have her back if you still wanted her.

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2011 :  14:34:57  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
sorry you feel it's come to that mikey have you thought about Pauline from rep night taking her on for a bit?
tbh most of mine are starting to go off their food now....... but if i can help at all just email me

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

mikeyd_26
Yearling

United Kingdom
716 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2011 :  18:49:22  Show Profile  Click to see mikeyd_26's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi peeps. sorry for the late reply my internets been off 4 a while. @ mike i live in york. ( and your offer is great if poss )
@ gp is pauline the older lady with the bullsnakes? she seems like she could help....
in both your opinions what can i try next for her? my biggest concern is that she might suffer due to me beign not sure what to do next. do i just stick at it? eg trying to feed her every 7-10 days and handle her now and again (even tho i get a boa attached to my arm every time! lol)

0.1.0 amel - TaLuLa
0.1.0 anery motley het amel, hypo - Bo
1.0.0 vanishing stripe unknown - Marley
1.0.0 hogg island boa - Iggy
0.1.0 hogg island boa - Luna
0.1.0 royal python - Buttons!
1.0.0 royal python 66% het albino - Steve
0.1.0 leopard gecko - Sheila
millions of beardies!

Edited by - mikeyd_26 on 29/10/2011 18:52:22
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2011 :  19:24:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While its not feeding I wouldn't handle the snake at all other than when you have to for cleaning etc. Keep it nice and quiet, stress free, preferably in a part of the house with very little traffic.

On the feeding front there isn't a lot you can do but just keep trying just keep prey items nice and small, defrost them for a few hours close to the enclosure, get a hairdryer and blast the poor ratty for 5-10 minutes, get it nice and warm and sneak it in for the snake with minimum fuss and then retreat, cover the RUB with a towel and leave overnight and cross fingers.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

mikeyd_26
Yearling

United Kingdom
716 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2011 :  23:07:15  Show Profile  Click to see mikeyd_26's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yeah im clued up that far im just worried about wot next. thanks for the suggestions tho lotabob. and tbh i think some one with more experience than me would make a difference

0.1.0 amel - TaLuLa
millions of beardies!

Edited by - mikeyd_26 on 29/10/2011 23:10:58
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2011 :  10:13:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, forgot about this!! Hows she getting on now?? Handling wise, if she is still really bitey then use a glove, that way she can still bite and you wont feel it, it also gives you the confidence to handle her, on top of that, it gives her the chance to realise that biting isnt gonna help.
Most snakes bite out of fear, its their only way of deterring an attack, so handling her with the glove will show her that she doesnt need to fear you, that will take time though.

Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2011 :  11:18:20  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

Sorry, forgot about this!! Hows she getting on now?? Handling wise, if she is still really bitey then use a glove, that way she can still bite and you wont feel it, it also gives you the confidence to handle her, on top of that, it gives her the chance to realise that biting isnt gonna help.
Most snakes bite out of fear, its their only way of deterring an attack, so handling her with the glove will show her that she doesnt need to fear you, that will take time though.

this is how I'm having to deal with my moody madam. On with the gloves, wait for her to bite my thumb a couple of times and let her settle after a hissy fit, and then take the gloves off once she's settled. Just really hope she grows out of it!! lol

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page

mikeyd_26
Yearling

United Kingdom
716 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2011 :  00:13:57  Show Profile  Click to see mikeyd_26's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lol! i put my motorbike gloves on the other day to pick her up which went smoothly untill she was in my hands and she got the top of my fore arm! it was a head under running tap job to get her off! (almost 10 mins!) which prob didnt help the cause. and @ mikeR yeah her problem is i think she is scared of everything even her food. but on a positive note she has not lost any wieght since i got her.
thanks for the help (so far!) ppl :)

0.1.0 amel - TaLuLa
millions of beardies!
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2011 :  10:07:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a thought, it sounds like shes biting you rather than being just overly mean. try washing your hands and arms with something different, change the smell.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000