Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Callazagy
Yearling

United Kingdom
506 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2011 :  19:41:47  Show Profile  Click to see Callazagy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi,

So ive been making changes to my room and built two viv stacks to satisfy my obsession.

Rather than buying a load of animals and then worrying about homing them when they get older, ive built there future vivs now, now all I have to find is some inhabitants, shouldn't be too difficult .

I spent a year planing it, literally straight after getting my first reptile. And for the last month I have created my vision, ohh and what a coincidence, its completed just in time for the Doncaster show .

Its was in a good enough state to take some pictures tonight so I can show off now.

So this side of my room has the two viv stacks, the bottom one has a 4ft, and two 2ft vivs. And the top stack has three 3ft vivs. And a shelving unit for RUB's.

This side of my room has a 2ft arboreal viv. Arthas's tank and a shelving unit for more RUB's, and crickets at the top.

The following are my 3footers -

The 2footers -

The 4footer -

The 2x2ft arboreal (this was my practice viv, made with the left over pieces of chipboard, it went quite well, but as you can see I messed up with the door, but i glued it back together, it will do untill I bother to order another piece.

I will be creating a guide on how I built my vivs later.

They arn't quite complete yet so if you notice any problems I guarantee they will be sorted by tommorow. The doors are acrylic but its 6mm thick and there is no give in them at all and the gap between the doors is very small. I chose the acrylic because its a lot safer than normal glass and a lot cheaper than toughned glass and some of the doors would have been to small to be toughned. I got the acrylic cut to size off an online shop, there was only two measurments I got wrong, thats why I ended up breaking the arboreal viv door lol.

I know if im getting hatchlings the vivs won't be suitable yet, but as you can see ive splashed out on many RUB's of varying sizes. Unfortunately Arthas is still not big enough to go up to one of the 3ft vivs.

Thanks for looking, questions and constructive critism welcome.

Chris

* 2.1 Corn Snakes (Arthas - Normal, Tilion - Anery Lav, Yavanna - Stripe) * 1.1 Cape House Snake (Jenson & Ginetta) * 1.0 Carpet Python (Irian Jaya Jag - Grantly) *
* 1.0 Amazon Tree Boa (Omen) * 1.1.2 Crested Geckos (Brindle, Harley, Noumea & Farino) * 0.0.2 Gargoyle Geckos (Pazuzu & Vesper) *
* 0.0.1 Mexican Red Leg Tarantula (Aragog) * 1.1 Leopard Geckos (Kara & Darwin) * 1.0 Dog (Labrador - Barney) * 1.0 Cat (Casper) *
* 1.0 Western Hognose (Hamilton) * 1.0 Apricot Pueblan Milk Snake (Tweek) * 0.0.2 Common Musk Turtles (Erin & Ira) *

EmSquem
Yearling

United Kingdom
525 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2011 :  19:45:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, you have given me an idea . . .

1.2.0 corns (Star, Eddie and Scarlet)
1.0.0 Sinaloan milk snake (Harry)
1.1.0 Black Labrador (Berry and Buddy)
Go to Top of Page

fluffycorn
Yearling

United Kingdom
514 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2011 :  19:50:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
looks great ... I love the backgrounds and the way you have set them up ... look forward to seeing some of your new occupants :)

1.0.0 Amelanistic Corn Snake
0.1.0 Jack Russell Terrier
Go to Top of Page

sharon71
Hatchling

United Kingdom
116 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2011 :  19:51:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW!!!!!

0.0.1 Carolina (Nobby Knobbs)
0.1.0 cat(Pepsi)
0.0.2 goldfish
0.2.0 kids
1.0.0 husband
Go to Top of Page

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2011 :  19:53:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks fantastic!!
I'm jealous, my rep room looks like a jurassic bombsite

Just how many do you plan on coming home with from Donny?? lol!
Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2011 :  20:13:07  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looking good mate!

I'm decorating my spare room to use as a reptile room. It should be ready in time for the Chelmsford show!

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2011 :  20:15:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow seriously impressive!

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2011 :  20:35:21  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Looking great. I can see somebody is going to be very busy after Donny lol

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Callazagy
Yearling

United Kingdom
506 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2011 :  20:46:45  Show Profile  Click to see Callazagy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Figs

Just how many do you plan on coming home with from Donny?? lol!

Well hoping this set up will last me a few years, foward thinking, im not looking to fill them all this weekend lol, but you never know, i soo loads of stuff I wanted from the June show, but I wasn't ready then.

Besides I was bored and needed a new project, and the new additions will certainly keep me busy. Ill be on the look out for a breeding project or two at the show for next year.

The trouble is im going to be completely skint after this weekend, I have money set aside for donny and ive paid off the massive credit card bill after this project. But ive decided to go back to college to study animal management this time so no more wage for the next two years.

And thanks for the other comments guys, I aim to inspire lol and good look with your projects, im suprised mine went so smoothly.

* 2.1 Corn Snakes (Arthas - Normal, Tilion - Anery Lav, Yavanna - Stripe) * 1.1 Cape House Snake (Jenson & Ginetta) * 1.0 Carpet Python (Irian Jaya Jag - Grantly) *
* 1.0 Amazon Tree Boa (Omen) * 1.1.2 Crested Geckos (Brindle, Harley, Noumea & Farino) * 0.0.2 Gargoyle Geckos (Pazuzu & Vesper) *
* 0.0.1 Mexican Red Leg Tarantula (Aragog) * 1.1 Leopard Geckos (Kara & Darwin) * 1.0 Dog (Labrador - Barney) * 1.0 Cat (Casper) *
* 1.0 Western Hognose (Hamilton) * 1.0 Apricot Pueblan Milk Snake (Tweek) * 0.0.2 Common Musk Turtles (Erin & Ira) *
Go to Top of Page

tarotpodge
Hatchling

433 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2011 :  21:07:23  Show Profile  Click to see tarotpodge's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
wow. You have been busy. all looks fab. You have done such a great job.
Dumb question coming up.....cant see any ventilation so is it hidden. And where are you going to run the wires through? the vents...(not critasism, Information for future use

2.0.3 Corns, Creamsicle(Phoenix), Ghost motley(Savanna), 2x carolina(Indiana+Severus), Amel stripe (Frazzle).
0.3.0 Dogs, Shar pei cross, Staff and Dalmation 0.3.0 Cats 2.0.0 Chinchillas 7.11.23 Tropical fish 1.0.0 Iguana
Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2011 :  21:09:01  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Utterly brilliant. Well done.

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page

Karakal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
129 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2011 :  21:14:47  Show Profile  Visit Karakal's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yowza! Those are some seriously sexy vivs!

Lurking in: Brighton, East Sussex
0.0.2 Cornsnake (Claude, Normal | Tiz, Ghost)
0.3.0 Equines (Keira, ShireX | Katie, Highland | Skippy, Newforest)
0.1.0 Chickens (Borelo, AracuanaX)
0.0.1 Goldfish (Eiji)
Go to Top of Page

DTW
Hatchling

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2011 :  21:15:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really good job mate looks great :)
Go to Top of Page

Callazagy
Yearling

United Kingdom
506 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2011 :  21:27:30  Show Profile  Click to see Callazagy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tarotpodge

wow. You have been busy. all looks fab. You have done such a great job.
Dumb question coming up.....cant see any ventilation so is it hidden. And where are you going to run the wires through? the vents...(not critasism, Information for future use

Ive only just put the backgrounds in so I havn't got round to cutting where the vents are, and I still have holes to drill in the back panel for wiring.

Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2011 :  21:55:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can I ask what the height of the 2ft vivs are please?

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family
Go to Top of Page

oakleyman18
Yearling

828 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2011 :  22:07:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking great! My experience with acrylic however is that its hardness as a material property isnt great in comparison to glass, infact its pretty terrible, on the order of a about 100-1000 times worse. However, depends on the environment and the care taken with them

Oscar Morrell
0.1.0. Tessera het Caramel Diffused Hypo ph Amel Anery CB'12 "Cassi", 0.1.0. Diffused Powder CB'12 "Ruby"
0.1.0. Normal Stripe, het Hypo, Amel, Lavender CB'11 "Amber", 1.0.0. Lavender Stripe het Diffused Anery Amel Hypo CB'11 "Pluto"
1.0.0. Hypo Opal Ph Stripe CB'12 "Hops", 1.0.0. Caramel Stripe het Amel CB'08 "Jasper", 1.0.0. Opal Stripe het Anery CB'09 "Topaz"
0.1.0. Amel Stripe het Caramel CB'09 "Poppy", 0.1.0. Tessera het Amel Lavender Stripe ph Diffused Hypo Anery CB'12 "Amethyst"
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2011 :  22:10:38  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
fab

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Callazagy
Yearling

United Kingdom
506 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2011 :  22:15:49  Show Profile  Click to see Callazagy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Red123

Can I ask what the height of the 2ft vivs are please?

They are about 1ft.

Go to Top of Page

Auld Baldy
Ikea's Pimp

United Kingdom
1619 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2011 :  04:01:44  Show Profile  Visit Auld Baldy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow! Now that's what I call an obsession. So what have you got lined up for the other two walls?

1.0.0: Miami Normal: Taggart
0.0.1: Carolina Normal: Wee Woody
0.0.1: Grey Rat Snake: Mirkey
0.0.1: Amel Corn: Blaze
1.0.0: Carpet Python: Vambo
0.0.1: MBK: Fester
0.0.1: Florida King Snake : Rattler (Rattle & Hum)
0.0.1. California King Snake: El Diablo Diego
0.2.0 Tarantulas : Ermintrude & Euphemia.
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2011 :  08:25:42  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Looks good. Are the smaller vivs stacked ontop of the bigger vivs in the first picture?

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2011 :  09:30:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Briliant!! Now fill em up! :)

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000