sick african fat tailed gecko ......
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

emerald-snake
Snake Mite

9 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2011 :  17:37:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A friend has a sick gecko is there anybody knowledagble in this field who may be able to help .
If you could email me directly at trevor.pearse@gmail.com so that i can arrange for her to contact you .
Thankyou

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2011 :  18:31:57  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If you give a rough idea of what is wrong as well, then many may be able to offer advice, although if it's that sick then the only recommendation I can suggest is a vet visit.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2011 :  23:35:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As K has said, its impossible to help without having an idea of whats wrong, being sick doesnt really help, am guessing with a gecko though that its either really bendy legs, or its losing weight really fast and either eating or not eating. If its the first, lots of calcium, its called mbd, metabolic bone disorder, lack of calcium basically. second one is impossible to diagnose, probably internal parasites, pin worm most likely, they come from the live food, and it must be dealt with through the vets if they are unsure of what to do, another possibility is crypto, which is fatal 100% of the time, and can only be diagnosed through a fecal sample (same as parasites), there is no cure for crypto as yet.

If its something else, then get the details and post it, but tbh i would just go straight to the vets, as thats most likely to be the advice you get on here.

Go to Top of Page

emerald-snake
Snake Mite

9 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2011 :  13:18:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
its dead now thanks for the replys though
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page