Facebook group.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ferguson
Snake Mite

10 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2011 :  12:08:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I posted up on the facebook group about my new snake and how I have been told she is rare due to the white in her and got a bit of abuse. Nothing bad but just people telling me I am wrong. I find it very sad that people on there believe it ok to belittle someone when they have something nice. I have removed myself from the group as I felt very shocked that people who are in to the same kind of pets as myself can be vindictive when it come to people having something that is classed as rare, not that I was even looking for a rare snake and when I found out she was I wanted to share a pic of her with other users.....

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2011 :  12:11:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
didnt read any abuse on that post, infact I commented on your photo, it is a banded cali nothing more than that. Banded calis are not rare nor unusual.

But as i also said is a nice king

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2011 :  12:11:44  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
are you still able to post a link to the thread please?

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2011 :  12:12:14  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I saw your pic. Have you signed up to the kingsnake forum? The snake is pretty. I checked out ians vivarium morph guide for you. Your snake
looks more like a desert phase : http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/lampropeltis_getula_californiae/desert/

I would deffo sign up to the kingsnake.co.uk as well Loads of advice about kingsnakes etc on there xxx

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ferguson
Snake Mite

10 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2011 :  12:13:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I removed the link as I found it rude. Also I stated that she had lots of white that no one bothered to notice.
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2011 :  12:14:08  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gmac

didnt read any abuse on that post, infact I commented on your photo, it is a banded cali nothing more than that. Banded calis are not rare nor unusual.

But as i also said is a nice king

Also I would have to agree with Gmac I didnt see any bully style comments. Just people offering their opinion on what morph the snake was. I saw no unpleasant replies to your photo. xx

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
Go to Top of Page

Ferguson
Snake Mite

10 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2011 :  12:16:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been told she is rare due to her volume of white, some of you think otherwise that fine I will leave it at that and close this thread.
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2011 :  12:17:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
who told you it was rare?

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2011 :  12:18:15  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ferguson

I have been told she is rare due to her volume of white, some of you think otherwise that fine I will leave it at that and close this thread.

See now to me you are the one who is being hostile. People commented on your thread stating the snake was lovely. A couple said that white in calis is quite common. Thats all that was said. Now you want to close this thread too.

Go to Top of Page

Dr Lupus
Egg

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2011 :  12:19:35  Show Profile  Visit Dr Lupus's Homepage  Click to see Dr Lupus's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The shop owner (Glovers Aquatics), told us that she is a high white banded cali king and as a result she was rare.

2.0.0 Carolina Corn Snake (Lucius & Draco)
1.0.0 Caramel Ghost Corn Snake (Snake)
0.1.0 Snow Tessera Corn Snake (Ferguson)
1.0.0 California King Snake (Riddle)
0.2.0 Ferrets (Lisbeth & Bane)
0.1.0 Cat (Hannah)
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2011 :  12:20:26  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
google cali king snake an look at images u will find a large number of white banded one, can u clear up what it is thats ment to be rare/unusual on yours

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

Ferguson
Snake Mite

10 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2011 :  12:21:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want to close it as I dont want people to get there backs up thats all. I have just been told she is rare by a few people yet I am being told I am wrong and no advice was given on facebook as to what kind of snake she was just she is not rare and I have seen lots like her this year.
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2011 :  12:21:51  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
High white cali kings tend to be mostly white with a bit of black on them.

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2011 :  12:50:38  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
if you like her, that's great
if you think or have been told that she's rare, well whatever
i you post on social network sites, again that's up to you but you're sticking your neck out

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2011 :  12:54:09  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Lupus

The shop owner (Glovers Aquatics), told us that she is a high white banded cali king and as a result she was rare.

and we all know how good advice from shops is............

for rare, try finding me an adult male Argentine boa (BCO)for sale

Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2011 :  14:18:46  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow ferguson you sem to be a little defensive nobodys getting narky with you Gps absolutely right when she says about the qaulity of info given out by most shops most will even tell you that you dont need a stat to keep reptiles all that really matters that you are happy with your snake there will always be differences of opinions on groups forums or msge boards etc if a snake was truely rare id expect it to be reflected in the price it always pays to do research though beforehand so you know roughly what your buying and how much to expect to pay for it

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2011 :  15:39:50  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ferguson

People will say anything to try and flog off snakes they don't want any more. Heck a shop would even say anery, snows, amels and hypos are rare if all they norally sold was normals normally. Still doesn't make them any less pretty in my eyes and most peoples.

They are a grogeous kingsnake, I'd love one myself.

Edit: Oh nose I missed drama and a lovely looking snakie

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3

Edited by - Sta~ple on 29/08/2011 16:25:51
Go to Top of Page

Diesel1994
Hatchling

United Kingdom
338 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2011 :  21:06:18  Show Profile  Visit Diesel1994's Homepage  Click to see Diesel1994's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
just because a shop owner says something doesnt mean you should believe them, Many shop owners will see quite a few snakes whilst at work, but when home will totally shut themselves out of the pet/reptile world bcoz theyve had enough at work, they might be rare in your area or within the customer base of that shop, but they are not rare in the grand scheme of things

Owner of Renza Exotics - www.renzapets.co.uk
For all your Exotic & Domestic pet needs
Go to Top of Page

shaunb
Yearling

United Kingdom
782 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2011 :  01:46:27  Show Profile  Send shaunb a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The main thing should be that you love and take care of it not how rare it is love my snakes and don't care if there rare or not cos they are mine.

[Quote]
A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.
Go to Top of Page

tahleeuk
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2011 :  08:33:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you have a lovely snake. everyones oppinion is different. off topic i know but with my dogs i am always told that sym and shilo are rare for being white with blue eyes. this is kind of true as you dont see many pet huskies with that colouring but when you get together with racing folk you soon relise that they are far from rare. just enjoy your new baby peoples oppinions shouldnt be important enough for you to change the way you feel about your precious pet. some morphs have very different peramiters and when i recently had dave sexed they were a little undecided what he could be.
Lisa xx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000