New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Future Mrs Ruxpin64
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2011 :  14:50:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So I heard George doing lots of climbing last night, awwww, bless.

This morning we decided to pop in to town as we needed to get HObbes his dinner and I wanted to look at the corns in the pet shop, just in case any lovely ones had arrived since I last checked... And there was my little Milly (Mildred) just waiting for me like it was fate, so obviously she had to come straight home with us so I'm now the proud owner of a beautiful anery yearling (photos in the photo posts).

So... We get home and I think, I'll borrow one of George's plants and his spare hide that's a bit big for him, and whilst doing this I figure I'll just take a peek at him. He's gone. Completely vanished... I empty the entire viv. No George. He's only blimmin escaped out of the wire hole in the lid that was left open, little bugger! So I called Ash and he came back from work and we tore the bedroom apart, and luckily, found him under the bed! Which is extra lucky as we move house on Monday and I'm sure the new tenant wouldn't be keen on co-habiting!

So anyway, I am a very relieved Mummy, Milly is in George's viv and George is in a large RUB whilst I decide what new accomodation he can have!

xx

0.1.0 Tallulah-Belle, Ghost: Hatched August 2008
1.0.0 George, Carolina: Hatched June 2011
0.1.0 Milly (Mildred), Anery: Hatched August 2010
1.0.0 Royal Python, Hobbes: 3ish years old (a poorly rescued scaredy thing with a scarred tummy)
1.0.0 Hamster, Bertie

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2011 :  16:13:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lucky you in finding him, be careful with milly too in the viv - look at my post 'phew', i caught my harry who's a yearling tryingto escape last night, he had his head completely outside of the viv through the sliding doors, i really didn't think he would fit through the gap, i had plugged it but had left gaps that he found - he must have been practising this for sometime, so now the whole length of glass is plugged with cardboard .

At least george is safe again x

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

Future Mrs Ruxpin64
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2011 :  17:34:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh phew! So glad you caught him in the act, it's such a horrible feeling when they go and do a houdini :( Luckily Milly is much too big for the holes, and I've made sure the slidey cover is clipped over them now, I won't be making that mistake again! George is now safely tucked up in a brand new faunarium, little monkey that he is!

1.0.0 Royal Python, Hobbes: 3ish years old (a poorly rescued scaredy thing with a scarred tummy)
1.0.0 Hamster, Bertie
Go to Top of Page

garrie
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1148 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2011 :  17:49:37  Show Profile  Visit garrie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, well done for finding him so close to moving house :-)

^click for more pics^
Garrie - Halesworth, Suffolk. 1.0 AURYN (fire morph corn) 0.1 Puzzle (Cat)
Go to Top of Page

Future Mrs Ruxpin64
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2011 :  19:00:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I was so upset, all I could think was if we didn't find him he'd be gone forever as I'd never get the chance to look for him again!

1.0.0 Hamster, Bertie
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2011 :  20:16:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So glad you got the little guy.

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

Future Mrs Ruxpin64
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2011 :  20:36:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me too! Little monkey is still sulking in his downsized, & very secure, accomodation...!

1.0.0 Hamster, Bertie
Go to Top of Page

thistle
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1757 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2011 :  21:09:46  Show Profile  Visit thistle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can only imagine how you must have felt when you discovered he was missing, so glad you found him so quickly.

2.0.0 Dogs (westie Angus, shih tzu Archie)
0.5.0 African Pygmy Hedgehogs (Harriet, Amelia, Matilda, Jemima, Maisie) RIP Hector
0.4.0 Guinea Pigs (Isobel, Effy, Mrs Mack & Sheila)
1.0.0 Lutino C0ckatiel (Sammy)
3.0.0 Corn Snakes - CB10 Amel (Barnaby), CB11 Anery Lavender (Bailey), CB10 Caramel Motley (Bradley)
0.1.0 CB11 Western Hognose Snake (Maggie)
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2011 :  21:50:57  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What a relief you managed to find him. and what a good job you decided to check on him then otherwise he might have properly disappeared

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

ruxpin64
Egg

United Kingdom
98 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2011 :  23:34:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im hero! hehe, he'd curled up in my shoulder pads under the bed (american football) silly bugger :D very luck tho that we noticed before it was too late!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000