Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Fluff
Egg

56 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  11:18:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hades has escaped, he has been gone 7 days now with no sign...The whole family are absoloutly devestated. We think he got out through the gap in the glass as the bit of card that had been stuck in-between was on the vivarium floor. I obviously missed that it wasn't properly in-place when I handled him the day before, it is now 17 days past feeding day. We have set flour down every night, turned the house upside down, been setting bottle traps, dragged the fluffy's over the floor every night towards the traps so he may get a whiff and put his viv on the floor with the heat mat turned up to 32, we have put water bowls down in every room. I have even searched the green house, our log store, shed and under plant pots. It was only the night before me and the OH were talking about making a more snake proof room in our large under stairs cupboard incase of escapees, We don't have a very snake proof house It is a old cottage with gappy floor boards and holes in the skirting boards and walls everywhere.

I don't know what else to say really other than we tried not to panic at first but now I am so depressed with it all. Hades is our first baby snake (he is about 6 months old now) we only got our 2 adults 2 weeks ago and now this happens!!!......I have my reptile expert friend coming over today probably more to console me than anything else, we are all heart broken here....And I can't help thinking it is all my fault for not noticing something I should of. xx

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  11:29:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm so sorry to hear this, please don't punish yourself, he may turn up yet, there have been stories on here of snakes found a long time after their bid for freedom! Keep your chin up, thinking of you and Hades xxx

1.0.0 Carolina Motley Cornsnake - Vin, 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Rio, 0.1.0 IJJ Carpet Python - Luna, 0.1.0 Dwarf Sunfire Reticulated Python - Helia, 1.0.0 Royal Python - Jasper, 0.1.0 Spaniel - Jess; RIP Gypsy - a beautiful girl through and through, 0.1.0 Rabbit - Binky, RIP Indy, Jan 2010 - Aug 2011, and Ace, Jan 2009 - Aug 2011
Go to Top of Page

Fluff
Egg

56 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  11:46:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep deffo trying to keep positive.....The OH wanted to stop putting the flour down as it is making a right mess everywhere even though I am cleaning it up every morning....I have white dog paw prints over everything. But even just a sign he is in the house and ok would be a relief right now.

Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  12:23:37  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What's OH stand for??

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

Simmy_82
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1272 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  12:32:19  Show Profile  Click to see Simmy_82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Other Half.

I hope he turns up soon!

0.1.0 - Cat - Tallulah
0.0.1 - Carolina Corn Snake - Lilith
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  12:41:17  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
oh yeh hehe brunette moment

1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  12:42:09  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
GOOD LUCK!!

I will hopefully be getting a corn soon and i'm dreading what'll happen if it escapes

1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Go to Top of Page

nusnakemum
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1612 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  12:49:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey keep positive there are so many stories on here about snakes turning up after months, but i kno,w its the not knowing thats so hard - really hope he turns up soon

0.0.1 corn Ernest
0.1.0 leopard gecko Mrs T
1.0.0 anery Black Eyed Bill RIP Bill x
2.0.0 kids
Go to Top of Page

Fluff
Egg

56 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  12:54:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys, It is all the stories and ideas on here that are keeping me going xx

Go to Top of Page

Fluff
Egg

56 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  13:02:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry I just realized typed it is 17 days past his feeding day...this was a lie!!...it is 7 days past feeding day 17 days since he last ate.

Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  13:10:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh no,I'm so sorry you've lost your little one. Don't give up though,they are tough little cookies.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Karakal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
129 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  16:52:43  Show Profile  Visit Karakal's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh god, good luck with finding him, hun! As everyone else has been saying, just need to try and keep your cool, they are really hardly little beasts! I had my own escape scare the very first night I had Claude, so I can only imagine what you must be feeling! Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you that he turns up soon and healthy. :c

Lurking in: Brighton, East Sussex
0.0.2 Cornsnake (Claude, Normal | Tiz, Ghost)
0.3.0 Equines (Keira, ShireX | Katie, Highland | Skippy, Newforest)
0.1.0 Chickens (Borelo, AracuanaX)
0.0.1 Goldfish (Eiji)
Go to Top of Page

tahleeuk
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  16:59:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they turn up in the trangest of places a friend quite a few years ago lost her snake for over a year and when they found it it was clinging to the hot water pipe going into the washing machine. good luck and dont loose hope. xxxxxxxxxx

Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  18:33:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry he's gone missing, he'll turn up i'm sure when you least expect it

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  20:38:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dont give up hope, even if it is a while, was on a thread the other day how a cat can help sniff out a lost snake, do you by any chance have one?. but if you do, the room where you think the snake is, keep shut from cat unless snake hunting!

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  20:53:20  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
so sorry to hear about your Hades escaping. I know it is hard as time passes but please don't give up hope. Sometimes they just reappear in their own good time. Fingers crossed for you

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Fluff
Egg

56 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  21:22:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No I don't have a cat, I like them but don't like the 'presents' they can bring home... We have 2 dogs though so I am keeping an eye on anything that may point to them hearing or seeing the snake before I do. And luckily my elderly but tough as old boots next door neighbour has held Hades before so don't think she would be to squeamish about catching him if he did appear in her house at all, I don't think that would be to impossible either with the age of the houses...But I have let her know and all visitors also in-case they spot or accidentally take him home in a hand bag or something a few have told me they would scream, I stated that I don't mind screaming if they have spotted him somewhere...

...So watch this space peeps, I will keep you all updated...And thank you for your kind words xxx

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  22:53:29  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Have you checked obscure places like inside speakers, PC towers, the back of the fridge/freezer, inside toaster etc. You would be amazed where people have found their snakes

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Auld Baldy
Ikea's Pimp

United Kingdom
1619 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  23:15:09  Show Profile  Visit Auld Baldy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
First and hopefully last time, eventually found mine behind a closed shelf curled up on the VCR smiling back at me.

Hope Hades turns up soon.

1.0.0: Miami Normal: Taggart
0.0.1: Carolina Normal: Wee Woody
0.0.1: Grey Rat Snake: Mirkey
0.0.1: Amel Corn: Blaze
1.0.0: Carpet Python: Vambo
0.0.1: MBK: Fester
0.0.1: Florida King Snake : Rattler (Rattle & Hum)
0.0.1. California King Snake: El Diablo Diego
0.2.0 Tarantulas : Ermintrude & Euphemia.
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2011 :  18:13:56  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
have you tried getting a flute and turban? (lol sorry) good luck

1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Go to Top of Page

tangoandmouse
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2011 :  19:10:35  Show Profile  Send tangoandmouse a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
hi there, seen this post and i want to say im so sorry to hear that and dont blame yourself. I know how devastating it is cos my corn snake was missing for about 3 months now, but only a few hours ago today, my neighbor found him a few doors down in a shed. At first i was optimsitc but then i started giving up over time. I have heard peoples corns go missing and turn up but i thought im the unlucky one and he wont come back but its unbelievable that he is back! What im trying to say is, you are doing the best you can, sooner or later your corn will turn up but it will be unexpected!
Good luck with finding your corn, and let me know if you find him!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000