New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2011 :  20:36:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just had harry out for some exercise, was just about to put him back in his viv and he tail rattled on my nightie - think it was just the right time to go back in his house - had a bit of a shock, its the first time he's rattled his tail at me.

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2011 :  20:42:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
our Zero was like a rattler in disguise when we first got him.. he hated us with a passion.. now hes 2 hes soooo much better - he doesn't tolerate being handled as well as the others but he hasn't struck or rattled in ages!

Maybe you moved quickly and spooked him?

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2011 :  20:59:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Next time he does it, don't put him back. Keep him out for another 5 mins or until he settles down if he's playing up for the 5 minutes. They are smart, and will quickly figure out that aggressive/defensive behavior = get to go back home ;)
Go to Top of Page

garrie
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1148 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2011 :  21:14:03  Show Profile  Visit garrie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Definately agree with Spreebok here...everything i have read (and found so far as a relatively new snake owner) says that "social sessions" should end on a positive

^click for more pics^
Garrie - Halesworth, Suffolk. 1.0 AURYN (fire morph corn) 0.1 Puzzle (Cat)
Go to Top of Page

JackHutchy979
Hatchling

199 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2011 :  21:34:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whenever snakey gets his food he wraps around it and rattles his tail if you make a noise at all very defense when eating
Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2011 :  21:35:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Spreebok

Next time he does it, don't put him back. Keep him out for another 5 mins or until he settles down if he's playing up for the 5 minutes. They are smart, and will quickly figure out that aggressive/defensive behavior = get to go back home ;)

never thought of it this way, will most certainly do that next time, he's normally quite placid, i did notice that he's gone very dull however not yet in blue, so i'm expecting a shed coming, could have just been that

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2011 :  21:45:19  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It maybe the weather, my most calm snake gets a bit moody with the hot weather!

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2011 :  23:45:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

It maybe the weather, my most calm snake gets a bit moody with the hot weather!

I think you may be onto something there. I've had a fight with a bootlace tonight and it nearly won!!

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

garrie
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1148 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  08:56:24  Show Profile  Visit garrie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
AURYN has been more active with this hot weather...I know the temperatures are fine in his faun (he does still mooch about swapping hides etc), but last night when i got home from work he was very active - so i had a little social time with him and put him back...and he went straight back to wandering around the faun again...right up until about 11:30pm

^click for more pics^
Garrie - Halesworth, Suffolk. 1.0 AURYN (fire morph corn) 0.1 Puzzle (Cat)
Go to Top of Page

cattNmo
Hatchling

182 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  09:50:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of mine is continually out in this weather. Nothings changed and she's well fed some i'm putting it down to the weather. Even Mo is a little more active than normal, he is such a male!!

Three corns, a dog, a cat, 2 kids and a future husband, Yes its a MAD HOUSE in leicester area.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000