Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  09:56:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sounds about right, i dont work in F so i cant tell you, however, incubate at 28 degrees c and you got about 55 days, give or take.
Brumation wise, i start about october early november, through till early feb. Dropping temps has to be done slowly, you want about 4 weeks to drop the temps, drop to about 15 degrees, warm them slowly too, dont feed until you are at about 25 degs. Female doesnt have to shed after brumation, some do, some dont. Mating wise, as many times as they want really, the more the merrier, you are more likely to get a better clutch if you let the male have his way a little more. Also, it depends on the siz of the male, if hes a small lad, let him have more time. Personally i go for 24 hours at a time, then break, then another 24 hours, break etc give him a good chance, sometimes you get a super fertile male, only has the be near the female to get a really good clutch, other times you get a rubbish one that needs loads of time, you will only find out about hat through time.
Eggs wise, its essential you dont turn them, it will kill them, you have a fairly wise temp range, anything from 21 to 32 degrees, anything either way will kill them very quickly. Even though you can crank the temps up and reduve your incubation period, i suggest you dont, 28.5 isnt a number plucked out of the air, its given the most stable hatch rate with the best babies time and time again, if you incubate hot, you will reduce your incubation time, but you also increase the risk of deformed and 'hot' babies, where they can be very aggressive and very hard to tame down.
Incidentally, i havent tried incubating cool, its something i might try next year though.

Go to Top of Page

chrisc
Hatchling

United Kingdom
357 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  17:42:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice one, cheers for the info mike

1.0.0 baird's rat snake, jeff 1.0.0 royal, derek 1.0.0 royal, frank 0.1.0 dog jenny 1.0.0 bull snake, ivan 0.1.0 bull snake, mavis 0.1.0 chilean rose, Bernadette 1.0.0 hognose, chuck 1.0.0 BCI, william

my youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/pegrocks
facebook(mention the forum) http://www.facebook.com/?sk=nf#!/profile.php?id=623879643

to live is so startling it leaves little time for anything else
Go to Top of Page

carmichael6
Egg

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2011 :  17:35:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tarotpodge

quote:
Originally posted by gmac

creamsicle = amel x great plains rat

Thanks gmac...i was unsure of which corn morph

EDIT: correct me if im wrong but rootbeer corns are also a rat cross corn.....

Yup you're right, Gino has been identified on here as a rootbeer :)

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2011 :  19:05:59  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chrisc

That is a (pueblan X cali king) X nelsons milksnake.
Bred by http://www.crotalusco.com/ about 2 or 3 years ago.

So either the sire or the dam to this was a pueblan X cali king which was then bred with a Nelsons.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000