Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

casey
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2011 :  21:41:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok so iv seen loads of ppl saying their corns are 2 - 2 1/2 feet long
and in the picks they are probably 3 times as thick as mine and mines 2 foot 3 inches long why is she so slim??

1.0.0 snow corn
0.1.0 rootbeer corn

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2011 :  22:00:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
COrn snakes are slim bodied and many dont know how slim they should actually be. If you want to post a pic on this thread lets have a look and we can reassure you or advise you.

A healthy cornsnake has a body shape like a loaf of bread, a flat bottom straight sides and a curve over the top, a skinny snake is toblerone shaped (a fat one is round like a sausage)

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2011 :  22:31:40  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i wouldnt worry about what other people say aslong as yours eats and is healthy size means nothing there snake could be 6-7 years old where yours mite be 1-2 so they will be size differance kind of like someone sayin they got a son thats 5ft tall anm me worrying cause mines only 3ft but i dont know that there son is actually 14 years old an mines only 7!!

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

casey
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2011 :  22:33:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok heres some pics also theres a pic of lower tail if anyone thinks they can sex it great!!

1.0.0 snow corn
0.1.0 rootbeer corn
Go to Top of Page

cattNmo
Hatchling

182 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2011 :  22:46:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm no expert but she looks in very good condition to me. And very much like mo and Tabetha

Three corns, a dog, a cat, 2 kids and a future husband, Yes its a MAD HOUSE in leicester area.
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2011 :  22:59:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is a perfect body shape, if there was a your snake should be this shape section on here your snake would be the picture in it.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2011 :  07:56:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
she looks a perfect size, its not really possible to sex from the tail without a comparison, does your local reptile shop probe them at all, my local one didn't but the other (nearly 20 miles away) does, so i took harry and he was most definately a male, the poor girl nearly lost her probe. The other we believe to be a female but the only sure fire way is to see if she ever lays any eggs (which she's far too young to do just yet) It is true females have slightly shorter tails than the boys, but without the two together and even if they were, it would be a guessing game.

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

Karakal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
129 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2011 :  08:09:07  Show Profile  Visit Karakal's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Honestly she looks exactly like my two year old, Claude! :3 He's Two and a bit foot long and has an incredibly similar body size/thickness!
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f22/JamesLeCat/3.png

Lurking in: Brighton, East Sussex
0.0.2 Cornsnake (Claude, Normal | Tiz, Ghost)
0.3.0 Equines (Keira, ShireX | Katie, Highland | Skippy, Newforest)
0.1.0 Chickens (Borelo, AracuanaX)
0.0.1 Goldfish (Eiji)
Go to Top of Page

stuart619
Hatchling

United Kingdom
230 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2011 :  13:20:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It gets me wondering just how many people keep overweight snakes just because they don't realise how a corn should look.

I am sure that there are pleanty out there.

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2011 :  19:10:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stuart619

It gets me wondering just how many people keep overweight snakes just because they don't realise how a corn should look.

Too many!

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000