837 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2011 :  20:48:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
his he under weight managed to get photobucket up and running

HERICUS
Hatchling

United Kingdom
106 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2011 :  21:09:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
maybe slightly, could do with better pics to be sure.

Go to Top of Page

mkmattyk
banned

United Kingdom
837 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2011 :  21:54:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
got some more here

in his feeding box

when first got him

on me
Go to Top of Page

mkmattyk
banned

United Kingdom
837 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2011 :  21:55:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
one more question what morph is he, pet shop said crimson
Go to Top of Page

mkmattyk
banned

United Kingdom
837 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2011 :  22:15:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just tried to feed him today and wasnt interested not even a tongue slither at it, its like hes not interested at all, feed him a pink same time last week with the head off and he to it but not today, thats why i think he abit under weight
Go to Top of Page

mkmattyk
banned

United Kingdom
837 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2011 :  22:59:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just checked him now and hes just not moving at all, all floppy no tongue action, i really think he wont make the night, cant believe hes like this, we was worried last week but when he ate he was full of life, like when we bought him, i really hope hes ok
Go to Top of Page

dam
Egg

66 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2011 :  23:57:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
not great with morphs so cant answer that, mine looks like yours is 11 months old and is a fussy eater fingers crossed he is ok i know how you feel, he looks lovely little snake good luck with him
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2011 :  00:03:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You need to get some reptoboost tomorrow but as a matter of urgency you can use powerade diluted and give him a bath in it. If you can get to a shop now and get some powerade give him a bath in 50/50 powerade to water about an inch depth. Might pick him up a bit.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2011 :  01:51:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mkmattyk

just tried to feed him today and wasnt interested not even a tongue slither at it, its like hes not interested at all, feed him a pink same time last week with the head off and he to it but not today, thats why i think he abit under weight

because he didnt eat today you think hes underweght cant really tell from the photo that hes underweight but how has he been eating previously.

It may well be there are underlying issues with this one, can you tell us housing temps what regulates temps how you monitor temps etc gives us a better idea how to help you.

Dont give the snake a bath in anything that is deeper than half the thickness of your snake, if it is that lethargic then it would only stress it out by forcing it to try and stay afloat. However if your snake is drinking just give some reptoboost into the drinking water.

Edited by - gmac on 14/07/2011 01:54:40
Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2011 :  04:58:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how old is he?

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

mkmattyk
banned

United Kingdom
837 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2011 :  07:32:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
not very old ive only had him since the end of may and he's around 18inch long so i dont know how old he was when i bought him

ive come to inspect him this morn and his body for about an inch just before his vent is swollen and darker, but there seems to have no life in him at his head is rest on his side and he hasnt moved since last night
Go to Top of Page

mkmattyk
banned

United Kingdom
837 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2011 :  08:17:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
a very very sad day.... mike my lovely little man has died found him 2mins ago stiff as a board, he will have a full burial for the kids
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2011 :  10:44:57  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
R.I.P little snakie :(

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2011 :  12:00:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poor thing, R.I.P wee one :(
Go to Top of Page

mkmattyk
banned

United Kingdom
837 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2011 :  12:39:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think it was some substrat that he digested, his body befor his vent was enlarged and he smelled of foul poo
Go to Top of Page

mkmattyk
banned

United Kingdom
837 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2011 :  13:13:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
before everything went wrong he was on repti mase substrate and i was feeding him a pinki with his head chopped off and in his tank... wonder if that where i went wrong??
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2011 :  16:19:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it does sound like a little bit of an impaction, but i suspect something else, dont know what, but a week after eating a snake doesnt die because of an impaction.
Out of interest, why did you cut the head off the pinky? baby corns are well able to eat a pinky with its head intact.

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2011 :  16:20:26  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm curious to know why you were chopping the pinkies head off? Did you start feeding outside his tank after you were advised to last time or did you put something down in his tank to put the pinkie on? Was he pooing normally after he did eat?

To be honest it does sound like he had some internal issue and there may have been nothing you could do about it. I had a hatchie die last year and it felt awful not knowing if I could have done something to prevent it but sometimes it's just not meant to be.

R.I.P Little Mike

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2011 :  17:19:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RIP little snakie

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

nusnakemum
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1612 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2011 :  17:20:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am sorry, we still have tears from my son over our little Clyde, its so so sad but at least these little ones had good loving homes even if only for a short time.

0.0.1 corn Ernest
0.1.0 leopard gecko Mrs T
1.0.0 anery Black Eyed Bill RIP Bill x
2.0.0 kids
Go to Top of Page

mkmattyk
banned

United Kingdom
837 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2011 :  18:09:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
to answer the questions when i first had him he was in repti maze substrate and i feed him just a picky, but when he first regurged, i asked a friend he suggested leaving him for a week to 10 days, then try feeding a pinky and cut its head off because mike looked abit small, and plus its not as much to digest and i changed the substrate to aspen because i thought it was that that made regurge, started feeding him in a 5quid exoterra box everything was ok for a couple weeks,then went back to a whole pinky, he started regurging again and then that when it all went down hill,
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000