Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

ilovemypets1988
Hatchling

United Kingdom
328 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2011 :  10:02:32  Show Profile  Click to see ilovemypets1988's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
so ive just bought an albino burmese python, heres the pics:

enjoy

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2011 :  10:38:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where the hell is THAT going to live?

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2011 :  10:44:47  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
so its in a viv with what appears to be a hide that it wont even fit in an is on sand, what ya done just put it in with a leo! i guess you only posted this to show off as ya aint been on for a while,

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2011 :  10:47:49  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Katie.Dublin

Where the hell is THAT going to live?

hes going to cohabit it with the leos or royal proberly hahahaha

1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2011 :  12:53:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wooo another burmese that will be up for sale next year because it has grown to big

edit: also why is the snake on sand, and has a medium exo terra hide that it will never ever be able to fit in clearly not going to be kept in nice conditions as the viv it is currently in looks tiny in that corner for it and is going to be one of these trophy snakes

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey

Edited by - reptiledanny on 08/07/2011 12:58:45
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2011 :  13:07:33  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Aside from the obvious idiocy of getting that, it is a stunning and gorgeous snake.
However I am puzzled by one thing....

You stated that you decided not to get a hoggie due to the imminent arrival of a little ILMP, yet you get that?

Don't get me wrong, it is a lovely snake, and probably has a brilliant temperament but even I wont go for one of them yet.
I honestly hope all goes well for you with it, but please be aware of how quickly they will grow and how big/strong they will get.
You do know that it's not recommended for single person handle a burm from when they are about 6ft upwards? I have personally seen the damage that a 7ft burm will do to a large and fully able bodied man when it's gotten into a feeding grip.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2011 :  13:46:03  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
^^^ What Kehhlyr said. And what the others said about the enclosure...

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2011 :  14:42:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stunning, but wouldnt want one!

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

ilovemypets1988
Hatchling

United Kingdom
328 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2011 :  15:40:20  Show Profile  Click to see ilovemypets1988's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Aside from the obvious idiocy of getting that, it is a stunning and gorgeous snake.
However I am puzzled by one thing....

You stated that you decided not to get a hoggie due to the imminent arrival of a little ILMP, yet you get that?

Don't get me wrong, it is a lovely snake, and probably has a brilliant temperament but even I wont go for one of them yet.
I honestly hope all goes well for you with it, but please be aware of how quickly they will grow and how big/strong they will get.
You do know that it's not recommended for single person handle a burm from when they are about 6ft upwards? I have personally seen the damage that a 7ft burm will do to a large and fully able bodied man when it's gotten into a feeding grip.

hi kehhlyr, yh im very much aware of the situation with burmese, its the 1 snake that ive been interested in for nearly 16 yrs and have done tons of research on them, more than any other research infact.

the sand thing was literally for 15 minutes as i had an unexpected visitor thats petrified of snakes so i had to put him somewhere and quickly, the sand has been replaced with beech chips.

yh the viv is on the small side but im in the middle of building a 5ft x 2ft x 2ft viv for him, infact all i need now is the glass and the runners and it will be complete.

also im very aware of how quickly they grow, 7-8ft within the first year, hes currently around 4 1/2 ft and about 4 months old, give or take a day or 2, so hes expected to max out at about 17-18ft, of course being male, he will be smaller than a female would.

i do actually have experience with burmese pythons, as i said numberous times, i used to helps friends and other people who kept burms, well pythons, but burms was always my favourite and my choice was to work with these.

temps;

basking spot between 30 and 32o
cool end around bottom to mid 20`s

humidity = 40 - 50%

currently on small adult rats but will but upgrading every 3-4 weeks due to grow.

arboreal as young snakes but more ground dwellers once they get to 3 quarters of there full size.

opportunistic feeders so can and often do get obese in captivity as they always act hungry, feed every 7 days during growth, every 214 days there after.

all this knowledge is from years of experience and research, so im fully prepared for the handling and looking after of this snake.
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2011 :  15:56:07  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
u got that that from experiance an research did u. i can get that in 5 mins on google

1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2011 :  16:02:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
beautiful snake , however have to agree with some of these guys , this dude is gonna grow big and fast , he will be strong and u will struggle with him on ur own , a 7ft boa can give anyone a run for their money let alone a burm . have u planned on how u will house him when he reaches 18ft? good luck with him , lets just hope that he isnt a trophy snake and that we dont see him lasted for sale in a few years time....

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

ilovemypets1988
Hatchling

United Kingdom
328 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2011 :  16:03:09  Show Profile  Click to see ilovemypets1988's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
think what you want, frankly you didnt live my life so you wouldnt know
Go to Top of Page

ilovemypets1988
Hatchling

United Kingdom
328 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2011 :  16:05:09  Show Profile  Click to see ilovemypets1988's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
soz, that was aimed for a..... yh i do have plans for when hes fully grown, by then he will have a massive homemade viv so im fully aware of what lies ahead with this guy
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2011 :  16:10:27  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ilovemypets1988

think what you want, frankly you didnt live my life so you wouldnt know

pmsl no but ive seen the decisions an outcomes of your reptile keeping previously an that speaks volumes

1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2011 :  16:18:01  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
play nice people!

i choose boas, the next person chooses pythons, the next person chooses Burms...........each to their own. regardless of how long it takes to JFGI research has been done. provided the specific husbandry requirements are met i don't see what the problem is. not everyone want to offer a pet a home for life like you might do a cat or a dog. some people sell reps on for whatever reason, it doesn't make them a bad keeper.

to the OP - nice snake, Burms aren't my thing but it's pretty

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2011 :  16:22:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im not knocking , i think hes a gorgeous snake , theya re just a big thing to take on . good luck with him and eep us posted on how hes doing :)

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

ilovemypets1988
Hatchling

United Kingdom
328 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2011 :  16:24:51  Show Profile  Click to see ilovemypets1988's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

play nice people!

i choose boas, the next person chooses pythons, the next person chooses Burms...........each to their own. regardless of how long it takes to JFGI research has been done. provided the specific husbandry requirements are met i don't see what the problem is. not everyone want to offer a pet a home for life like you might do a cat or a dog. some people sell reps on for whatever reason, it doesn't make them a bad keeper.

to the OP - nice snake, Burms aren't my thing but it's pretty

thank you, i originally started with a love of snakes through burms, due to experience with dealing with them and seeing them in all there glory but as a 7 year old boy, the dream was set and ive strived to obtain this dream and regardless of previous mistakes, at least i didnt start with a burm as that wouldve been a massive mistake.

i took my time and kept my patience and now im smiling that my biggest life goal has been accomplished.
Go to Top of Page

ilovemypets1988
Hatchling

United Kingdom
328 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2011 :  16:35:06  Show Profile  Click to see ilovemypets1988's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Laws

im not knocking , i think hes a gorgeous snake , theya re just a big thing to take on . good luck with him and eep us posted on how hes doing :)

of course i will keep you all posted on his progress.

the thing is that alot of these snakes, burm, retics, indian and african rock pythons, let alone anacondas, they are all neglected due to the lack of expectations and the realisation of how big they get and as such, they are normally miss-treated, released so they suffer that way, killed becoz the owners cant handle them or given away to people who wants a big snake but doesnt have a clue on there husbandry or what to expect from them, this is what gives the giant snakes bad names as these fools are often killed or badly injured by these snakes.

i myself will never let this happen what so ever as im happy with the burm and i know exactly what to expect form him and im fully prepared for his monstrous size, im not kinding myself at all as i know that hes gunna be massive, but he wil also be well looked after.

as for my other snakes, the breeder that i got the burm from told me that my snakes are in better conditions than most other snakes that hes seen.
Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2011 :  18:05:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
he's a lovely looking snake, i personally wouldn't/couldn't cope with how big it would get but each to their own, if the OP knows what they're doing, good luck

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

kelfezond
Snake Mite

42 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2011 :  18:09:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fantastic snake, i'm jealous.

Been promised by the missus I can get one when we move out and I get my snake room, can't wait!

Not going to comment on what everyone else has said i'm not a regular here I don't know you or them but I saw 'burm' in the title and had to come looking, I wish you goodluck and remember when he's 15ft you're still the boss! :D
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2011 :  18:21:40  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kelfezond

.....remember when he's 15ft you're still the boss! :D

lol it's bad enough when my biggest boa has a bad hair day.......and she's less than half the size of an adult burm!!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000