Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2011 :  20:26:13  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Fair enough have your views but don't be saying bad things about a person that has lost their life, it is sickening!! And I think you might find if you read K's post once again that he was VERY rude in the comments he made!

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2011 :  22:04:18  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That would be because I do think he was a plank for the way he free-handled like that in front of the cameras, it makes him seem like he was showing off. As I said in a previous post it's his family I feel sorry for because they would've been watching him do that regularly KNOWING that one day was gonna be the last, it wasn't a matter of if but when!

It's my opinion that there's a time and a place for ridiculous handling of hot species, and it isn't in the dining room of a semi in hertfordshire (or wherever the place is again).
I am not saying bad things about a person that lost their life, I'm saying bad things about the way they ACTED, it's totally different. I would 100% expect people to say I was a massive plank if I got myself bitten due to stupid handling.

I fully understand that some people do also handle snakes like that, but I believe he played up for cameras.

/ninja edit:
I would suggest to check out the quote near the bottom of this article. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/family/pets/8607220/Snake-lover-killed-by-one-of-his-24-king-cobras.html
I'm sorry, but the warning signs that a bite was imminent are in the photo, and in the quote.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2011 :  22:09:28  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it is truly sad that a man died, but you have to agree free handling king cobras is nothing but reckless as he found out at his own cost.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

uma and bill
Hatchling

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2011 :  04:08:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was speaking to the man in Exotics sheffield today and he knew him, he told us he was in a rush trying to get it all ready to open for the public so he probably became a bit lapse with what he was doing.

sjmarshall
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000