New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tracym
Egg

United Kingdom
60 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2011 :  19:11:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My 9 month old corn was in his blue phase and I had just gone out to buy him a moss hide when he shed while I was out (bit sooner than I thought)
He had only partially shed and had a piece stuck on his head/eye and the lower half was all still intact, only about 6 inch down his back had shed properly.
As usual I panicked but left him for a bit to see if he would do the rest himself but he seemed really stressed so first place I went for information was here. I read about bathing him in water and then letting him slide through damp kitchen roll. I did all this and he managed to slide out of the rest of his skin. I have checked his eyes and tail and it has all come off, he looks lovely and bright now.

So I would just like to say a big thank you as I don't know what I would have done if this information had not been available

**moved to relevant topic**

Edited by - HannahB on 29/06/2011 22:06:50

tracym
Egg

United Kingdom
60 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2011 :  19:12:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I seem to have put this in the wrong place, could anyone move it to general posts please.
Go to Top of Page

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2011 :  19:31:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad he's ok I know how you feel, I'd be lost without these guys!

1.0.0 Carolina Motley Cornsnake - Vin, 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Rio, 0.1.0 IJJ Carpet Python - Luna, 0.1.0 Dwarf Sunfire Reticulated Python - Helia, 1.0.0 Royal Python - Jasper, 0.1.0 Spaniel - Jess; RIP Gypsy - a beautiful girl through and through, 0.1.0 Rabbit - Binky, RIP Indy, Jan 2010 - Aug 2011, and Ace, Jan 2009 - Aug 2011
Go to Top of Page

ntbryenton-rochard
Hatchling

165 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2011 :  19:33:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad you got the shed off. I used that method recently and it worked a treat!

1.2.0 kids (Joshua-14, Katie-6 Holly-3)
1.0.0 Corn snake (Amazon-16 months)
1.0.0 Whites tree frog (Froggy-unknown age but owned for 3 years)
0.1.0 Dog (Sophie-11 years)
1.0.0 Cat (Charlie-9 years)
1.0.0 Guineapig (Rox-8 months)
0.1.0 Rabbit (Snowball-3 years)
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2011 :  21:14:43  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I am really pleased that it all came off for you. This place is definitely the first place I come to for help and I'm glad that it helped you to keep calm and deal with it ( well after your first moment of panic lol )

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000