Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ntbryenton-rochard
Hatchling

165 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2011 :  08:11:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday I spot cleaned ammy and instead of putting the dirt in the wheelie bin outside, I tied it up in a scented nappy sack and put it in the kitchen bin..OMG NEVER AGAIN!!!!! I woke up to an absolutly stinking house today . I hunted the house high and low thinking my cat had had messed indoors but then I realised that the stench was coming from the bin. Note to self..... put snake poo's in the outside bin!!!!!

1.2.0 kids (Joshua-14, Katie-6 Holly-3)
1.0.0 Corn snake (Amazon-16 months)
1.0.0 Whites tree frog (Froggy-unknown age but owned for 3 years)
0.1.0 Dog (Sophie-11 years)
1.0.0 Cat (Charlie-9 years)
1.0.0 Guineapig (Rox-8 months)
0.1.0 Rabbit (Snowball-3 years)

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2011 :  09:08:54  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Why don't you just scoop it out and flush it down the loo lol

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2011 :  09:11:53  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
^^ This! lol

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Vixyg
Hatchling

United Kingdom
259 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2011 :  09:17:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is snake poo really that bad??? Im yet to experience it first hand but im a bit terrified by it now! lol :o/

0.1.0 miami corn (Chilli)
1.0.0 snow corn (Charlie)
1.0.0 cat (Sprout)
1.0.0 fiance (Matt)
1.0.0 Offspring (Jordan)
Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2011 :  10:11:09  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yet to experience this too, even spot cleaning poo both fresh & dried poo from my hatchies faun am not noticing much of a smell at all

Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2011 :  10:20:15  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The bigger the snake the smellier the poo! Merlin did one yesterday and dear lord!! HONKING lol!

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2011 :  10:24:36  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh my HONKING was it lol, ach will need to get the air freshener to hand then should it get that smelly lol, tho I mostly waky up in morning to find poo so will be great walking into a stinky living room, not, lol

Go to Top of Page

Ashma
Hatchling

United Kingdom
113 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2011 :  10:43:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can second that. Theo is around 2ft now and I remember when spot cleaning was a breeze....now....well, I think I'll be investing in an Anthrax mask haha!!

Location - Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria
Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2011 :  10:49:00  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ach well that's the only non pleasant bit about owning animals, the smelly cleaning out, but you just get on and do what needs done, grin and bare it lol

Go to Top of Page

Ashma
Hatchling

United Kingdom
113 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2011 :  11:04:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very true....except when they poop ON YOU.....which is slightly worse.
Other people find that hilarious though, so swings and roundabouts!

Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2011 :  11:07:42  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I always have tissues/old hand towel on stand by when handling mine if she's not pooped lol

Go to Top of Page

Vixyg
Hatchling

United Kingdom
259 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2011 :  13:21:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I reckon im in store for the mother of all poop when chilli gets round to it, shes been here over 2 weeks now and not had one yet! she wasnt fed for 2 weeks as they skipped her feed as it was due the day before i picked her up and i left her for another week to settle in before i fed her so am hoping this is normal that she hasnt been already. She was fed monday and is in blue so she is tucked away in her cosy place out of the way other than popping her head out every now and again she is staying where she is. Her eyes have cleared now so gonna see if she wants to come out and play tonight for a while. maybe a bit of movement will get her going! although if it wasnt on me i would prefer it!

1.0.0 cat (Sprout)
1.0.0 fiance (Matt)
1.0.0 Offspring (Jordan)
Go to Top of Page

Ashma
Hatchling

United Kingdom
113 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2011 :  13:27:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Expect a massive poop when the shed happens. They seem to get everything gone in one massive whirl of poop and skin.....which sounds gross haha!

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2011 :  13:35:22  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I put the poo in my bedroom bin and don't fimd it to smell that bad :/ maybe it depends on substrate?

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Vixyg
Hatchling

United Kingdom
259 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2011 :  13:35:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh goody im so excited! :o/

1.0.0 cat (Sprout)
1.0.0 fiance (Matt)
1.0.0 Offspring (Jordan)
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2011 :  13:40:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My royal only goes once every 3 months!!! Its immense and the poor guy loses 150+ grams of weight when he goes. I don't mind it though, you can find it and deal with it. Don't get me started on Boa poo, it is vile, it stinks to high heaven and is accompanied by a tsunami or wee that floods everything around it, if you get that on your hands you will smell of it all day. Corns are poop machines, but its manageable and they also seem to find novel ways to hide it, you know its there, your nostrils are telling you it must be somewhere and then you stick your finger in it and it goes under your nail (BARF).

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Ashma
Hatchling

United Kingdom
113 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2011 :  13:51:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Under your nail.....ewwwwwww. I've had it smeared on my work shirt and I thought that was bad enough!

Go to Top of Page

ntbryenton-rochard
Hatchling

165 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2011 :  14:52:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad I don't have a boa...lol. The corn poo is bad enough!
To vixyg, mine didn't go for two weeks when in shed. He made up for it when he shed though, it was massive!!!!

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2011 :  15:04:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

I put the poo in my bedroom bin and don't fimd it to smell that bad :/ maybe it depends on substrate?

I do the same and its only if all 6 poop on the same day that I find it really stinks to high heaven.. although my bin does get emptied every 2-3days cause I'm super messy and have one of those feshmatic thingys so maybe that helps?

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2011 :  15:40:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, been having a down day and maybe i am a bit warped, but found this thread really funny!

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

ntbryenton-rochard
Hatchling

165 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2011 :  15:50:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad it cheered you up.....lol

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000