Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Vixyg
Hatchling

United Kingdom
259 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2011 :  15:57:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
its amazing how poo can stop you feeling poo!

0.1.0 miami corn (Chilli)
1.0.0 snow corn (Charlie)
1.0.0 cat (Sprout)
1.0.0 fiance (Matt)
1.0.0 Offspring (Jordan)
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2011 :  16:22:16  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have to agree with what was said on the previous page about boa poo. I honestly believe that sometimes mine could give me a run for my money. Giant landmines that you KNOW are there but sometimes have to hunt for.
Thankfully I've never gotten any under my nails, i practically have none.
I do think that quite often my snakes (and beardies, that poo honks like nothing else) all seem to decide to poo at the same time quite often and it's nearly always the day that I've been out and am bringing someone round to see them.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

ntbryenton-rochard
Hatchling

165 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2011 :  16:40:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lmao that this is now a 'hot topic' and its about poo. Us snake owners are definatly like new mums, talking freely about such 'lovely' things!

1.2.0 kids (Joshua-14, Katie-6 Holly-3)
1.0.0 Corn snake (Amazon-16 months)
1.0.0 Whites tree frog (Froggy-unknown age but owned for 3 years)
0.1.0 Dog (Sophie-11 years)
1.0.0 Cat (Charlie-9 years)
1.0.0 Guineapig (Rox-8 months)
0.1.0 Rabbit (Snowball-3 years)
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2011 :  17:58:17  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

I put the poo in my bedroom bin and don't fimd it to smell that bad :/ maybe it depends on substrate?

I do the same and its only if all 6 poop on the same day that I find it really stinks to high heaven.. although my bin does get emptied every 2-3days cause I'm super messy and have one of those feshmatic thingys so maybe that helps?

Hehe mine stays in my room for like a week, maybe longer >>; Eeven the smell poops done on the heat mat by the stinky king XD suppose once ytou've smelt fox poo corn and king poo is fine.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

tarotpodge
Hatchling

433 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2011 :  19:48:09  Show Profile  Click to see tarotpodge's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scottishbluebird

Thanks, been having a down day and maybe i am a bit warped, but found this thread really funny!

i will second that .....

2.0.3 Corns, Creamsicle(Phoenix), Ghost motley(Savanna), 2x carolina(Indiana+Severus), Amel stripe (Frazzle).
0.3.0 Dogs, Shar pei cross, Staff and Dalmation 0.3.0 Cats 2.0.0 Chinchillas 7.11.23 Tropical fish 1.0.0 Iguana
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2011 :  21:55:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think theres something wrong with me,half the time I can't smell it!
Although a couple of months back Loki did a heap on his heat mat,it nearly knocked me out when I opened the viv door My mum was round but said she couldn't smell it. So I told her to breathe in more. She stuck her head in the viv,took a deep breath and nearly threw up. Of course i was very sympathetic and didn't laugh at all!!

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2011 :  13:31:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i put all my snake poo's in a dog poo bag and it goes in my bin in the bedroom, and i never find that it stinks.
the boa is absolulty vile, she is not very lady like at all when she goes, and she always seems so proud of it
i am lucky with my corn, because for some reason he will actually only go in one corner, so i pack that corner out with substrate and have newspaper under it, and it is so simple for me to clean out, although i still have to search his tank just incase, but never anywhere else

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2011 :  21:53:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I scoop it out with bog roll and flush it! Listers poops sometimes smell, sometimes not. I can always tell if one of them has gone, because the viv will smell off. I've only had the pleasure of a snake stinking the room out once!

I'll admit though, I once took a dried poop out, popped the tissue on the side, and completely forgot about it for a week! Talk about minging!
Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2011 :  01:29:05  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
... have to agree about the boas. My corns, I can't tell when they've been and quite often struggle to find the evidence, even though they are all on fuzzies now. But OMG my new trio! It stinks! And how much wee?? I was 10 minutes late for work the other day after cleaning up Delilah's mess! lol

...just noticed someone has been banned. Thought it had gone a bit quiet...

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2011 :  08:04:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
poo under the nails!! - a new treatment to stop people biting them perhaps, lol

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

MightyMouse
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2011 :  12:31:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We always know when the snake has pooped. I find it stinks more than fresh dog poo thats smeared all over ya shoe. Ya can smell it as ya come down the stairs in the morning, fresh coffee is much more preferable.

Scooped out with a food bag an a knot tied in it seams to 'contain' the smell enough for us not to have to run to the wheelie bin in the rain.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000