New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Deano88
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2011 :  17:26:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I have recently become a member of the corn snake club. I have a 6 month old normal morph corn (sammy). She is a very shy snake an when she eats, she strikes, let's go, strikes again an holds on, doesn't try to constrict the fuzzy atall. I bought a second corn a week ago (pearl) a lavender motley, she is very good when handled an when she eats she strikes fearcely and constricts with three turns very well. I'm wandering if there is something wrong with the first snake sammy? :(

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2011 :  17:29:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
all snakes are different some will constrict when feeding some wont. I wouldnt worry about the dfferences.

Go to Top of Page

tarotpodge
Hatchling

433 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2011 :  17:39:44  Show Profile  Click to see tarotpodge's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
^^ this. All snakes are different, with different personalities and ways, but also have been exposed to different experiances in their relitively short lives. So there are many variable that "could" form a snakes habbits and behaviours. One may have been handled alot, been fed differently(strike fed/mouse left in the viv), a bad experience. Thats what makes them so fun...they are all different in their own way.

2.0.3 Corns, Creamsicle(Phoenix), Ghost motley(Savanna), 2x carolina(Indiana+Severus), Amel stripe (Frazzle).
0.3.0 Dogs, Shar pei cross, Staff and Dalmation 0.3.0 Cats 2.0.0 Chinchillas 7.11.23 Tropical fish 1.0.0 Iguana
Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2011 :  18:33:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have one who has never constricted although does strike and another who strikes very gently but constricts almost everytime

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2011 :  22:58:28  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just keep at it and one day you could be pleasantly surprised, out of our lot Lucien and Aura took the longest to start constricting but they are feisty eaters now.
But don't worry, as others have said above some corns just don't do it and its not a problem as long as they still like their food!

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
2.0.0 Royals: Q & Little One
Twitter: @BlutAura
DeviantART: BlutAura
Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2011 :  00:11:51  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
2 of my 4 snakes have NEVER struck/constricted, and the other 2 do it just occasionally if they can be bothered. It's much more entertaining to see them do it 'properly', but at the end of the day as long as dinner gets in their belly the method to get it there doesn't much matter! lol

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page

smurflittle
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2011 :  01:12:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my snow has never struck or constricted,
Go to Top of Page

Deano88
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2011 :  07:38:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank u every1 for ur comments, nice to know there is nothing to worry about sammy, She always eats when I feed her. I also slit the mice as i hear it is better for the snake to digest. :)
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2011 :  09:09:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heh,heh yeah,they are all different. At least she strikes,unlike my lazy Loki!!
Theres no need to slit the mice,they'll digest them just fine as they are.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000