New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kittypuss85
Hatchling

United Kingdom
128 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2011 :  19:04:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just went to get rapunzel out of her faunarium and noticed what looked like tape stuck to her hide - then realised it was her first shed with us!

Completely whole shed with tail tip and eyecaps and everything in between!

I never noticed her go blue and we've had her 4 weeks. Did I miss it?

I would have liked to keep her first shed, but looks like she pooped just beforehand then shed in the same place.

How long after she's she's should I leave it before Handling her again?

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2011 :  19:24:33  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
congrats on your 1st successful shed!!

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2011 :  10:13:57  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Awww, bless her. Glad the first shed went ok. You can handle her anytime. Some snakes will be happy to be handled even in shed so unless she or you decide not to it's fine to keep handling whenever you like except the 48 hours after feeding. Shedding never stops mine from wanting their time out with me.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals

Edited by - herriotfan on 17/06/2011 10:14:55
Go to Top of Page

ozziesmum
Yearling

United Kingdom
736 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2011 :  10:25:10  Show Profile  Send ozziesmum a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi I handle both of mine before during and after shedding and not ad a problem so far.

Jane.

Oscar Black Lab, Saffron, Merlin and Mischief the cats, assorted fish, Rhubarb & Custard the corns, Tuppence the Tortoise, Tripod the Leopard Gecko.
Go to Top of Page

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2011 :  10:36:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations! Vin will still eat in shed but he hides away more so I tend not to handle him, shame she poohed near it, I kept Vin's first shed to!

1.0.0 Carolina Motley Cornsnake - Vin, 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Rio, 0.1.0 IJJ Carpet Python - Luna, 0.1.0 Dwarf Sunfire Reticulated Python - Helia, 1.0.0 Royal Python - Jasper, 0.1.0 Spaniel - Jess; RIP Gypsy - a beautiful girl through and through, 0.1.0 Rabbit - Binky, RIP Indy, Jan 2010 - Aug 2011, and Ace, Jan 2009 - Aug 2011
Go to Top of Page

LynneM_212
Hatchling

United Kingdom
236 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2011 :  16:04:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats!!

My baby snake Kchalice, gets very annoyed when being handled in shed... bites, goes tight around your hand and poos all over you!! not very nice!! so she gets left!!

My other one... doesnt mind hes a very calm snake, but i tend to leave him aswell as they cant see properly... and i dont like to think i could be stressing them out !!

But after Kchalice is shed she is a completly different snake !!! very happy !! (which suits me better lol)

1 corn snake: Kchalice-Serendipity
2 dogs: Kane and chester
1 C0ckatill: Rolo
1 gold fish: chips
2 Cats : Max and Jess

Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2011 :  18:39:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
aww bless, its so exciting getting that first shed, i got to witness a shed the other night and that was amazing

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

monalisa70
Hatchling

United Kingdom
269 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2011 :  20:04:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When i found Astrids firt shed,i completely missed it as well i just woke up to a shedded skin in the faun,i handled her stragight after and during cos i didn't know she was in shed and she was fine .Congrats on your first shed

4.2.5 corns
2.1.0 royals
1 BCI
1 MBK
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000