Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Deadpowerful
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2011 :  17:27:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, I was wondering where people store there snakes food, whether you freeze it in the freezer in secure containers or whether you have a completely different freezer?

tarotpodge
Hatchling

433 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2011 :  17:35:57  Show Profile  Click to see tarotpodge's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I store mine In the freezer, in the bag they come in, in my meat only draw. So at the mo my snake food is sitting on top of gammon steaks lol

2.0.3 Corns, Creamsicle(Phoenix), Ghost motley(Savanna), 2x carolina(Indiana+Severus), Amel stripe (Frazzle).
0.3.0 Dogs, Shar pei cross, Staff and Dalmation 0.3.0 Cats 2.0.0 Chinchillas 7.11.23 Tropical fish 1.0.0 Iguana
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2011 :  17:36:02  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i have mine in a small rub (actual brand 'rub') in the freezer.

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2011 :  17:38:03  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Me and Hannah have a one of those half freezers in our bedroom just out of respect for the house mates, I worry in their drunken state that they may think they were choc ices or something... but we keep the food in their vacuum packed bags alongside our own stuff.

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
2.0.0 Royals: Q & Little One
Twitter: @BlutAura
DeviantART: BlutAura

Edited by - lucifer on 13/06/2011 17:38:55
Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2011 :  18:08:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i keep my mice firstly in the bags they come in then in a plastic box with lid, thats kept on the top shelf with the rabbits frozen frizbee for the summer

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2011 :  19:07:25  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I keep all my mice in the bottom drawer of my freezer which is usually kept just for mice (unless i go abit crazy when i go shopping). I'm a bit sad in that I double check the weights of all my mice and bag them up according to weight then put them in plastic tubs depending on which snake/snakes they are for.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2011 :  20:39:47  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
we have a dedicated 'snake food' freezer then when we get our orders in a re-grade them by weight and bag them up in plastic sandwich bags and label the weight range on it

occasionally the frozen rabbits do spill over into our regular freezer

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Deadpowerful
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2011 :  20:41:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hmmm, I have been hoping to get my parents to allow me to use the freezer, buying a freezer just for a bit of food seems silly.
Go to Top of Page

kabigat
Egg

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2011 :  20:43:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine are in a container with a lid in the freezer next to the micecream.

Yes that is really corny but I couldn't resist.
Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2011 :  20:46:45  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Bottom drawer of freezer, in a tub next to the veg

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2011 :  20:50:19  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
In our freezer, in a seperate container, with all the other animal food.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

DJRenegade
Egg

United Kingdom
80 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2011 :  20:55:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have a small chest freezer for my food and a little fridge with a small freezer for the mice :) - kept in a bag.

1.0.0 Corn
0.1.0 Boa
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2011 :  21:52:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we stick ours in a lunch box type thing and keep them in there in freezer bags in the bottom draw

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2011 :  22:22:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In a tub in the freezer, next to the ice cream, it does not bother any one in the house, but anyone else that visits, well they are not impressed lol

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

Carson1915
Egg

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2011 :  07:48:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mines is in the family freezer in the box I got Carson in and inside the bag the come in

Admin - Signiture image too large - please resize

1 Wild type Corn - F - Carson
1 bearmese Mountain Dog - Boston

Wishlist:

Royal Python
Hognose
Iguana
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2011 :  10:58:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine are in the chest freezer along with everyone elses food. I have them seperated into sandwich bags by size and then all put in an airtight tub.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2011 :  12:36:08  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Plaggy bags, inside takeway tubs next to the sausages.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Deadpowerful
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2011 :  18:05:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ahh nice, if i get one this may help to convince =)cheers everyone
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2011 :  18:36:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lucifer has already said where ours are kept but my mum bless her keeps the mice/rats/chicks she has for her/my royals and king in the bags they get them in inside tesco/adsa bags.. on top of everything else in the freezer.. think my brother has pulled the rats out on more than one occasion instead of something else! whoops!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

cattNmo
Hatchling

182 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2011 :  23:05:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ours in a normal food tub in the freezer with everyone elses food. But I do know someone who has to buy them one at a time on feding day cause his over half will not have them in the house. (He is only on fluffs lol)

Three corns, a dog, a cat, 2 kids and a future husband, Yes its a MAD HOUSE in leicester area.
Go to Top of Page

MsThomson
Hatchling

United Kingdom
134 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2011 :  07:57:35  Show Profile  Visit MsThomson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I keep mine in the bag they come in anywhere i can find room in the freezer. Im the only adult in the house at present and the only one who cooks, so no-one risks pulling them out and being grossed out. Although my little ones do occassionally go for a wee look to see how cute the new batch are! Im moving in with my somewhat OCD boyfriend in a few weeks and Ive felt subtle vibes of the "i hope those mice will be kept seperate" variety! I mentioned bulk buying mice when we have more snakeys and he was somewhat unimpressed with that idea!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000