oh dear...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2011 :  16:41:58  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As you may have previously read, I found Eira in Buster's half of the split viv the other day. So I put her back into her own half and blocked up the gap with cardboard.

But somehow she managed to get through again and I just found them both tucked up inside Buster's warm hide! I just hope they haven't been up to anything coz they're not even a year old yet. I just can't see how Eira managed to get through though. The only gap I could see was a small gap between the glass and the partition, which I blocked up with a length of cardboard. I just cannot fathom how she got through.

It's obvious Eira likes that section for some reason, so I'm going to try just swapping sides for now, and obviously keep a close and regular check. If they end up on the same side again I'll have to move one of them into a rub I guess. Just wish I could work out where she's getting through! I stripped the viv out and like I say, the only gap was between the partition and glass, which I plugged after the last time. Just don't geddit?!?!?

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2011 :  16:57:29  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Teleporting snakes. :D We've had those in the past when they manage to get out of near sealed vivs and no one has been able to figure out how.
If they are small, then a gap of even 3 or 4mm will be enough for them to get through.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2011 :  17:16:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Teleporting snake lmao, i DONT want one of them! Hope swapping sides works, and it is a lot better than gettin out of the viv.

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2011 :  17:24:12  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i've had a gravid adult corn squeeze through a gap the same size as the gap between the sliding glass doors..........and i mean really gravid, i think she laid the following week!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2011 :  17:37:46  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

i've had a gravid adult corn squeeze through a gap the same size as the gap between the sliding glass doors..........and i mean really gravid, i think she laid the following week!

Really??? I know they can get through small spaces, but a gravid snake through a gap that small?? That's insane! lol

Just hope Eira decides that the grass is greenest on the side she's in now, and chooses to stay there! If it does happen again I think I'll just swap her with Pandora so she gets an ET to herself. Might do that anyway actually...

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page

Shelby
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
29 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2011 :  23:32:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Omg my 2 done the exactly the same thing so I blocked off the the partition and the glass with cardboard n one still got through lol so I plugged it with sponge instead lol that seems to have done the trick I ent had ne problems for a couple of months now!!! Xxxx
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2011 :  17:01:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had Loki and Falcor in a partitioned viv since October and had no visiting going on. I've used felt on the partition where it meets the glass,theres not even a mm gap and it polishes the inside of the glass when the doors are opened too!

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000