snake bites
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

panda1987
Snake Mite

34 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2011 :  16:37:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my girlfriend just got bitten by our corn and she is now freaking out because she thinks she is going to get ill is there anything to worry about or is she just being silly?

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2011 :  16:47:59  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
OMG, there's no hope for her now....she's a gonna!!!!!
Only joking. Give it good wash with antibacterial handwash and she'll be fine.....

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2011 :  16:55:55  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
All I can say is to echo what Herriotfan say about just giving her hand a wash.
I've been munched on several times by several different snakes of mine and have never had any issues with most of them.
Even if they draw blood it is still not likely to be anything more than a slight irritation for a short while, although as it stands she is now a member of the 'proper snake owners club' because she's been tagged and you haven't.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2011 :  17:34:24  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
nothing to worry about, what does she think she's gonna get from a snake bite? lol

i'm sure if you lick enough snakes you'll eventually get salmonella (i believe Kehhlyr's trying to prove/disprove this theory) but you won't get it from a bite

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

panda1987
Snake Mite

34 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2011 :  17:44:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

although as it stands she is now a member of the 'proper snake owners club' because she's been tagged and you haven't.

I have several times except i don't make a fuss about it because i can handle what resembles a clothes peg pinching my hand
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2011 :  20:08:04  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by panda1987

I have several times except i don't make a fuss about it because i can handle what resembles a clothes peg pinching my hand

I'm sure this is where I should say "Pics or it didn't happen"

We should have a thread for 'Tagged' pics on here, unless there is one somewhere.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2011 :  20:22:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I survived an adder bite as a child don't worry about cornsnake bites at all, as above a good wash, splodge of salvon or something of that nature and bobs your aunties husband.

i agree that there should be a tagged album in photos.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

panda1987
Snake Mite

34 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2011 :  20:59:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah but whos going to have a camera handy when they get tagged lol and for reference bob is in fact my aunties husband
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2011 :  21:02:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh its a requirement to have a camera no more than 5 paces from the vivarium. But catching the bite might be a bit difficult but the bite mark is going to stay still a lot longer.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Longshanks
Egg

50 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2011 :  21:35:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

nothing to worry about, what does she think she's gonna get from a snake bite? lol

i'm sure if you lick enough snakes you'll eventually get salmonella (i believe Kehhlyr's trying to prove/disprove this theory) but you won't get it from a bite

Lol Just out of interest has anyone ever got Salmonella from a snake ? Not that I doubt it happens, I'm OCD at the best of times anyway and am ALWAYS washing my hands picking up my cornsnake, just wondered ?
Go to Top of Page

LucyB
Snake Mite

47 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2011 :  08:15:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The person I got my corn had got it..... but not from her own snakes. She shook hands with someone who was handling a snake and then went outside, bought some dinky donuts and licked the sugar off her fingers apparently!

I always use the alcohol gel and then wash with warm water and soap and have told the kids as long as they wash their hands and can refrain from licking the snakes or their turtle they should be fine!
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2011 :  10:01:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My ex gave his dad salmonella when he was in his teens. He had 2 terrapins and though it would be a good idea to let them have a wander along the kitchen worktop. His dad later made himself some butties on said uncleaned worktop and hey presto!!
Needless to say,the terrapins went to a new home following that.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

panda1987
Snake Mite

34 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2011 :  11:14:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

Oh its a requirement to have a camera no more than 5 paces from the vivarium. But catching the bite might be a bit difficult but the bite mark is going to stay still a lot longer.

i have 2 cameras, no more than 5 paces from the viv if its giant paces and next time it will remember to get a picture of me being tagged
Go to Top of Page

jim
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2011 :  01:39:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
got a belting photo of corn chewing on wifes finger told her her to blow on its face it'll let go oops it chewed harder didnt harm the snake though
Go to Top of Page

tarotpodge
Hatchling

433 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2011 :  14:20:45  Show Profile  Click to see tarotpodge's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jim

got a belting photo of corn chewing on wifes finger told her her to blow on its face it'll let go oops it chewed harder didnt harm the snake though

As long as the snake was ok....its all good lol

2.0.3 Corns, Creamsicle(Phoenix), Ghost motley(Savanna), 2x carolina(Indiana+Severus), Amel stripe (Frazzle).
0.3.0 Dogs, Shar pei cross, Staff and Dalmation 0.3.0 Cats 2.0.0 Chinchillas 7.11.23 Tropical fish 1.0.0 Iguana
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000