Fuzzies seem large...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chez
Hatchling

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2011 :  17:04:09  Show Profile  Click to see Chez's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey guys, today i decided to buy some fuzzies for my snakie moving up from 2 pinkies every 7 days to 1 fuzzie, but the ones that i was sold look massive compared to the pinkies she usually has, i was just wondering if you guys can tell me if they are actually Fuzzies because i think they look too big. Thanks
Fuzzy left, pinkie right :P
http://i56.tinypic.com/znsae1.jpg

0.1.0 - corn snake - Tiny

Kittypuss85
Hatchling

United Kingdom
128 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2011 :  17:13:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That seems huge, the fuzzy I was given to progress from pinkies was only a fraction bigger but with fur. That's looks way bigger. I'm only a newbie at this but I don't think that looks right!
Go to Top of Page

Chez
Hatchling

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2011 :  17:18:41  Show Profile  Click to see Chez's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yeah thats what i was thinking, the guy got them out and i just said, wow they're big, you sure theyre fuzzies, he was adamant they were so i got them, but i have no idea :S

Go to Top of Page

Deadpowerful
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2011 :  17:30:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmm, I have seen some pictures and that really does look pretty big, I think you have probably got some small mice.
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2011 :  17:55:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I think you have probably got some small mice.

Nah, no chance those are small mice.

Do you reckon he might have given you a rat fluff? Or a hopper or something? Fluffs are not that big! (Fluffs and Fuzzies are the same thing)
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2011 :  18:00:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Definitely looks like a fuzzie to me.

They do come in different sizes mind, maybe you just got a big one. The ones in my freezer can have a fair bit of variation, from just bigger than pinkie size, up to twice as big as pinkie size.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

monalisa70
Hatchling

United Kingdom
269 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2011 :  18:10:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by SexyBear77

Definitely looks like a fuzzie to me.

I agree looks like what im feeding Astrid.

4.2.5 corns
2.1.0 royals
1 BCI
1 MBK
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2011 :  18:30:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is a rat.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Chez
Hatchling

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2011 :  18:37:13  Show Profile  Click to see Chez's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

That is a rat.

What makes you think its a rat?

Go to Top of Page

Chez
Hatchling

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2011 :  18:41:11  Show Profile  Click to see Chez's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Also i just weighed them both, i bought 4 "fuzzies" and they weigh 5-6 grams, and my pinkies weigh 2 grams, so i dont know, they just seem huge in comparison :P

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2011 :  19:13:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Scrap that, its got a right head on it but the tail isn't long or thick enough to be a rat. Think you must have day old pinkies so they are particularly small and then a 'big' fuzzy. If the snake is big enough then it should be fine to jump up even that big a jump, as long as the mouse (or megamouse) is no more than 1.5 times the thickness of your snake.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Chez
Hatchling

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2011 :  19:37:30  Show Profile  Click to see Chez's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yeah, thanks :) im going to use up my supply of pinkies before i try to give judge up whether she is ready for a megamouse :)

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2011 :  12:33:43  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
To me it looks like a fuzzie. Because of how pet shops and suppliers label their food, it can differ. Because the size in-between small and fuzzies can differ a lot, some suppliers have what's called "hoppers" and to me, that's what size it looks like to me, other don't have that inbetween size and it is just a fuzzie.

Hope that makes sense!

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2011 :  12:43:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
remember if you are doubling your pinkies for a few feeds before going onto fuzzies there will not be that much of a size difference - as you said the current pinkies are 2gs each and the fuzzie is 5-6gs, after a double pinkies snaky won't really notice the difference - just instead of two smaller meals it will be one bigger meal

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Edited by - HannahB on 14/06/2011 12:44:12
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2011 :  13:28:13  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yep it's a mouse fuzzy, i'd just offer it and see what the snake makes of it
when they're eating something bigger for the first time it can look a bit awkward until they get the knack of how to eat it

OP - can you re-size the pic please, its MAHOOSIVE

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

monalisa70
Hatchling

United Kingdom
269 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2011 :  13:31:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is a fuzzy next to a weaning mouse that i plan to feed Astrid in a few weeks. (maybe a month)

4.2.5 corns
2.1.0 royals
1 BCI
1 MBK
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000