Is she pregnant?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

29 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2011 :  16:00:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
got a snow corn who I think is pregnant she stopped eating and hasnt lost any weight and shedding regulary, lately twice and I think I can see bumps in her, I dont like to feel and press to hard out of fear of damaging the eggs since im no expert. got incubator all ready and set up, is there anyway of telling for sure shes pregnant. shes also started to do the tail/rattle which shes never done before and feel this is stress and her tellin me to **** off cos shes lookin for a place to lay which iv also sorted. any help pleeeeease!?

Also got another corn who lived in same with (i know, I KNOW, dont give me a shared viv debate) but since suspecting shes been pregnant has seperated them both in seperate vivs

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2011 :  16:26:35  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
She could well be. The lumps you will be feeling may very well be eggs. Keep them seperate from now on. The other corn is poss male. Keep an eye on her and if/when she lays then you can start sorting them out into the incubator. If she is then I would keep them seperated altogether unless you want another clutch. Keep us updated xx

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

29 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2011 :  16:38:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you mamma I will simply cos I need help, and thanks for not banting on about the shared viv thing, they normally live together and seem quite content together and have been together for 2 years, also I got the other corn out with my snow corn a lil while ago and it seemed he was constantly trying to aline with her and mate i thought this was because she might of been giving of a feramone from being pregnant, nice pics mamma
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2011 :  18:40:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How big is she, is she of a decent breeding weight?

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

29 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2011 :  22:13:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shes a llttle over 4ft not sure on weight. Had one smaller than her before and she got pregnant, shes the oldest out of all the corns Iv had shes about 3 yrs old
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000