New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

tarotpodge
Hatchling

433 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  19:50:42  Show Profile  Click to see tarotpodge's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Older corns can be kept together if of a simlar size but it's normally advised that experienced keepers only do so.

[/quote]

What age/size would be safer to allow them to cohabitate if this is the option i choose.

2.0.3 Corns, Creamsicle(Phoenix), Ghost motley(Savanna), 2x carolina(Indiana+Severus), Amel stripe (Frazzle).
0.3.0 Dogs, Shar pei cross, Staff and Dalmation 0.3.0 Cats 2.0.0 Chinchillas 7.11.23 Tropical fish 1.0.0 Iguana
Go to Top of Page

tarotpodge
Hatchling

433 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  10:11:19  Show Profile  Click to see tarotpodge's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Have thought long and hard about the issue of cohabiting. Im off out to get a faun 2day. Am going to seperate them. There is a chance they will be fine, but also a chance they will not. Id rather not take the risk. Am going with my instinct on this one. Thanks for bringing this up and helping me come to the right decision x

2.0.3 Corns, Creamsicle(Phoenix), Ghost motley(Savanna), 2x carolina(Indiana+Severus), Amel stripe (Frazzle).
0.3.0 Dogs, Shar pei cross, Staff and Dalmation 0.3.0 Cats 2.0.0 Chinchillas 7.11.23 Tropical fish 1.0.0 Iguana
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  10:37:20  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ok good plan xxx

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

manda88
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1002 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  11:48:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awww the little ghost is absolutely gorgeous, I love ghosts :) Great decision to separate them, just makes life so much easier knowing there's no risk of one being eaten, one doing a horrible poo/regurging and not knowing who's done it etc etc :)
Really glad that you're giving them a loving forever home, too! Such a shame that there are people out there who get bored of their animals and just dump them at pounds/rescues/god knows where, but at least there's people like us lot who can then give them a decent life ;)

Wanna know what animals I keep? Check out www.facebook.com/mnmreptiles :)

Go to Top of Page

tarotpodge
Hatchling

433 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  13:55:34  Show Profile  Click to see tarotpodge's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That was also one of my pros for seperating them. It will be alot easier to monitor their overall health. And wont need to seperate them for feeding. Am i right in thinking the other one is a normal. Just nosey really. My knowledge on types and morphs is nil.

Go to Top of Page

manda88
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1002 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  14:14:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's either a normal or it could be a hybrid, to me personally it looks like it could be a corn x rat hybrid, I'm sure someone will be able to tell you for sure :)

Wanna know what animals I keep? Check out www.facebook.com/mnmreptiles :)

Go to Top of Page

tarotpodge
Hatchling

433 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  17:34:30  Show Profile  Click to see tarotpodge's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thank you all for your input...I have now named them. Savanna (ghost motley) and indiana (normal????).

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000