New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nicole.x
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
32 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  18:27:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today was my first 'proper' handling of my hatchling, and after reading a post about snakes weight a few days ago I'm now a little worried about Simba;

(sorry these aren't the best of photos)
she's about 5 months old, I've had her around 4 weeks and the last three Sundays she's been eating a single pinkie...

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  18:29:42  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
what does she actually weigh?

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Nicole.x
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
32 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  18:40:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
around 15g - can't be exactly sure as I don't have any digital scales at the moment so I've used dial kitchen scales
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  20:48:41  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I doubt shes underweight. She looks a good size and weight for a corn of her age. All snakes are different. For example my ghost motley corn is 11 months and only 22g. But hes fine and healthy xxx

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  21:09:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i've one who is 9 months and again is only 23g but loves her food and is very active

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

Nicole.x
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
32 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  23:06:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah okay, very reassured now. thank you guys! :D
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  23:49:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She looks a lovely shape and size. A lovely little snake indeed.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

stuart619
Hatchling

United Kingdom
230 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  07:09:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah don't worry yourself... I had a corn who was only 18g at a year old and then within 6 months she put on 90g. Once she gets off pinkies (i presume she is on pinkies???) and on to fuzzies the weight will pile on.

By the way she's a lovely looking snake

Edited by - stuart619 on 09/06/2011 07:10:09
Go to Top of Page

tarotpodge
Hatchling

433 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  09:42:39  Show Profile  Click to see tarotpodge's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
the same pattern and colour of one of the new additions.....beautifull....

2.0.3 Corns, Creamsicle(Phoenix), Ghost motley(Savanna), 2x carolina(Indiana+Severus), Amel stripe (Frazzle).
0.3.0 Dogs, Shar pei cross, Staff and Dalmation 0.3.0 Cats 2.0.0 Chinchillas 7.11.23 Tropical fish 1.0.0 Iguana
Go to Top of Page

Nicole.x
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
32 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  14:23:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I measured her today she a tiny bit over 13inches - so she's not far off a lot of those I've seen on here anyway (a)
She took quite awhile to settle but now she has she's absolutley lovely to handle :D
ah, if anyones good with morphs I'd love to know what she actually is? I've guessed a carlonia from pictures on here but I definitely a complete ametuer :L
Go to Top of Page

Cornsnakeluver127
Egg

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2011 :  10:57:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i would say carolina as i have a carolina hatchling and he looks like her. BTW i often thought this question but i have found that people have been saying that a snake should look like a loaf of bread. flat at the underscales( i have no idea what they are called!) and more rounded at the top. and underweight snake will look like a tolberone bar and overweight snakes look like sausiges and from the picks your snake looks fine :D

lovely snake!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000