New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cattNmo
Hatchling

182 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  21:36:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi again guys,

Another stupid question i'm sure but... The other half has said yes to another snake but as you know Mo spends a lots of time out of his viv. I going to look for a baby at Donny in a few weeks :) With having two snakes I am just wanting to know if I could have both of them out of the vivs at the same time (They will NOT be living together) I do not want to cause stress to either of them but at the same time I don't really want to cut down on the amount of time Mo spends out of the viv (Its not hours at a time but it is about 30 mins every day, bar digestion days)

I'd be grateful of any ideas or experience

Three corns, a dog, a cat, 2 kids and a future husband, Yes its a MAD HOUSE in leicester area.

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  22:09:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lister and Psiren tend to get taken out together, Psiren is a lot calmer when out with Lister.
I see no issue with it myself, but I'm others will disagree, there will always be conflicting opinions, and at the end of the day, it's down to you to make an informed decision :)
Go to Top of Page

cattNmo
Hatchling

182 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  22:17:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Spree, Like you say I'm am trying to collect some information to enable me to make an informed decision. Knowing my luck I'll try to find as much as I can out and then the two of them will not get along. Guess its down to the snakes.

Three corns, a dog, a cat, 2 kids and a future husband, Yes its a MAD HOUSE in leicester area.
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  22:27:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cattNmo

Thanks Spree, Like you say I'm am trying to collect some information to enable me to make an informed decision. Knowing my luck I'll try to find as much as I can out and then the two of them will not get along. Guess its down to the snakes.

Yeah, it does depend on the snakes themselves. If my two showed any signs of being upset or stressed, I wouldn't do it, bit so far they just don't care haha :D
Go to Top of Page

Nicole.x
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
32 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  22:32:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Although not advised some people have been able to keep snakes together the same viv - so as long as you keep a close eye on them, especially the first few times till you know how they react around other other you may be able to do this without any problems.
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  22:46:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't forget to keep them completely seperate for a few months! quarentine!
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  10:32:58  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Also don't forget that if you get a hatchling the bigger snake might eat it!! Sometimes size does matter.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

cattNmo
Hatchling

182 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  17:46:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

quote:
Sometimes size does matter.

Size really does matter, and those who say other wise are trying to make themselves feel better, lol.

Guess I'l just have to get a new baby and see how things go from there (After quarentine, thanks Louise it had never even crossed my mind)

Go to Top of Page

rubberbiscuit
Snake Mite

37 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  19:38:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also you could stagger your feeding days so there is at least 2 days when you dont have to worry about cutting their time out short.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000