New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  08:16:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys. Noticed some damage on top of Twilight's head last night. It's dented in so I'm wondering if he's bashed himself and scraped the scales off or something. He has a new branch in his viv that I found in the woods but I carefully sanded any sharp bits as well as disinfecting it before putting it in. Is it anything to worry about or should I just leave it until he sheds again and see what happens? He last shed 10 days ago and I'm sure he was fine after that. Cheers.

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  08:44:43  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
just a few damaged scales, probably from trying to get somewhere he shouldn't be!

it should disappear with his next shed, no treatment necessary

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  08:59:02  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
^^ this. Hes a beautiful looking corn

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

EmmaJayne
Hatchling

United Kingdom
109 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  10:48:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He has some realy lovely markings :)

0.0.1 Leopard Gecko - Toby
1.0.0 Crested Gecko - Hector
0.0.1 Banded Cali King - Murray
1.0.0 Pastel Dwarf Boa - Dave
1.0.0 Black Long Haired Cat - Pixie
0.1.0 Grey Tabby Cat - Ariel
2.0.0 Rats - Gizmo and Rocky R.I.P

Soon to come:
1.0.0 Very Cute Puppy - Luka

"Humans are so interesting. In this world of infinate wonders
they have managed to invent boredom" ---- Terry Pratchet
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  12:19:22  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Certainly looks like damage caused by over zealous exploring. Alice damaged the top of his nose trying to get out to find a lady friend. It has completely disappeared after 3 sheds and looked deeper than Twilights damage so I'm sure his will be fine after a shed or 2.

BTW we have missed seeing pics of Twilight and he is really gorgeous. My favourite anery. I request another thread with lots of pics to show him off properly please

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  15:00:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dont worry, Lister has the same thing! Someone fiffled with the wires when he was in a faun, dislodging the tissue wedged in to seal the hole. I found him with his head poking out, looking very silly! Prodded him back in and he's had a scrape there ever since! He doesn't shed much though, had him 4 months and we're only just about to have a second shed, so it's still there! Just make sure the scales come off during a shed, it's certainly a lot shallower than Listers, and he's fine! :)

Boggleeyes' head:
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  18:30:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Probably not the cause but just to check, the wound seems to run down his neck a bit too, do you have any un-guarded lights or does he go under his heat mat or something?

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  20:59:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Probably not the cause but just to check, the wound seems to run down his neck a bit too, do you have any un-guarded lights or does he go under his heat mat or something?

He's just moved into a new 3ft viv with a lot of new 'furniture'so he's been exploring his new environment a lot and trying to push things around. Probably happened then. No unguarded lights but he did manage to get under his new and bigger heatmat and moved the probe off it a couple of times so there's been some rearranging going on and the addition of a big rock to pin down the back of the mat and the probe to keep them in one place. It all seems fine now. As you rightly say, he's got a few little scrapes along the top of his neck too but they're minor. He's always trying to wedge himself under something!

Thanks everyone for your replies. I thought it would probably heal itself but wanted to check it wasn't some nasty disease from his new branch or something. Better safe than sorry. Thanks too for all your kind words about how beautiful he is. I'm very proud of him and my husband gets very jealous and keeps telling me off for constantly cooing over him.

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  21:16:22  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Awwww, bless him. He's been exploring a tad too enthusiastically me thinks, maybe looking to see if the new place has any females too!!! Such a handsome boy would have no trouble getting the girls !!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  23:04:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It does look very superficial and will shed out no issues. Spot bashed his nose too and it shed out in one go. Silly monkeys they are need some foam stoppers on their snout.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000