New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chalkie31
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  00:30:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello again everyone i havnt been on here for a while posting i had a what i thought was male caroline corn called Mitch. I never had proof more of just a presumption lets say hahaha anyway i decided to take it to the place where i got em so they could probe and do the proper test turns out she was female i decided to get another which and did also making sure she was female to I decided to rename mitch to Peaches and the new one i got i have decided to call Cream hence the post subject lol I have posted some pictures of both again recent ones could anyone give me the correct morph they think cream is (The White/yellow one) any feedback would be greatly appreciated they are absolutely fine together and are doing amazing love watching them and their antics couldnt be happier i rhink i might be getting the corn bug hahahah MANY THANKS x

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  08:53:53  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i think they should be housed separately as Cream looks very underweight!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  10:32:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
she looks like a butter to me but I'm probably wrong!

i agree with GP, they should be separated - them looking all cute together in their hides is them both competing for the best space and not them wanting to be together, corns are solitary creatures only coming together to breed so they don't need company - if anything it is probably stressing one of them out already

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  10:58:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm guessing Butter too. She does look a bit thin in some of the pics.

I would aslo suggest splitting them up.
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  11:01:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful snakes. I do echo whats been said above though.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  16:16:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jumping on the bandwagon

Peaches/Mitch looks like a hypo to me, and cream a butter
Go to Top of Page

chalkie31
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  18:01:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Realy Oh god what i have i let myself in for?...I Had an hour long discussion with the guy in the store about this who i got peach's from and he said it would be fine...We had both snakes there as mine was being probed and he never mentioned anything about this and said all would be fine as there both female...I have no quick fix of housing them seperately but i will do my best to sort this out asap im new to snakes only had peach's about 8 months before getting cream and any added construvtive criticism would be appreciated.... Can u tell cream is under judging by the flat neck? i did spot this when i got her home but thought it might have been to size or varying snake cheers peeps

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  18:06:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A new snake should always be quarentined too so your lucky she had nothing nasty or she could have passed it on to the other snake.

Sadly a shop trying to make a quick sale will tell you they are fine together. Lets face it, you would have thought twice if he had said you needed a complete second setup!

It's great you want to put things right and splitting them up is a good idea.

Do you know how much cream weighs? What size mouse does she take and how often.
Go to Top of Page

chalkie31
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  18:15:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeh like i said im new to snakes now i feel like a prat and that ive been fed alot of S^*t by the guy never mind ill try and put right asap like i say my friend is bringing round scales tonight to get cream weighed so will update on that...I got her saturday and after getting her home i fed them both and they each had a large mouse each was first feed for cream but peach's is weekly so was intending on doing the same with cream the moral of the story is do your own research and stick to that it doesnt help when u see the exact corn u wanted fall in love with it :(

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  19:09:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww, don't beat yourself up about it, at least you are willing to split them up, unlike the hoardes of owners that say "but they love each other, I think I'll think I'll just leave them"....

Cream certainly does look underweight- its possible that she had eggs recently. A good feeding regime will see her right. Resist the urge to pack her full of food though!!

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

chalkie31
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  19:29:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well as you can see she feeds well so that shouldnt be a problem shall i just stick to one a week?

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  19:42:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aye, 1 a week'll be grand. Rats are good for skinny snakes (an appropriate size of course).

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

chalkie31
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  19:51:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats what peach's is on anyways so ill stick em both on the same regime should that make her put the weight on pretty quick? dont like the thought of her being under peach's has always been one a week and has gone weeks before without eating but me tryin of course but always stayed a healthy size weight shape

Go to Top of Page

animalcrazy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  20:00:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You don't have top have them both in vivs the cheaper option for many is large rubs, that would do till yu decide if you want another viv. Those that use them could tell where to get them and what size you would need.

As others said it is great you want to improve things for her :) I'm new to snakes but people on here are definitely the ones to listen to

Edited by - animalcrazy on 06/06/2011 20:00:55
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  20:53:23  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Try not to worry too much and don't get over stressed. Be glad that we're here to help you correct the misguided advice from the 'guy' you got your beautiful snake from. The sooner you can seperate them and get the new girlie settled and feeding on a regular basis the better but we do understand that it can take a while sometimes to get all the gear up and running. I'm sure once you get things sorted you and your snakes will have a long and happy time together! Oh, she looks like a butter morph to me but I'm one of the worst guessers at morphs............she's a beauty to behold!!!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  20:56:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are both pretty snakes, i like the butter!

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  20:57:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh now what i done with those pics, sorry!

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

chalkie31
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  21:10:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your kellogs looks alot like peach's bluebird

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  08:36:26  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
from a pet shop's point of view it's easier to sell somebody a second snake than a second snake and second full setup...........some snakes cohabit fine but in this instance Cream looks like she needs some time to herself to put on weight and not deal with the stress of cohabitting

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000