New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rake
Hatchling

United Kingdom
200 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2011 :  20:10:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi all, i know this has been posted many times so please bear with me, i recently changed dereks faun around so he doesnt get bored, now having put the thermometer probe bk in exact same place (and having moved it around aswell as weighting it down) i made sure it was touching the bottom of the faun so as not to pick up air temp but for past three days since change around it has read 25c, now my matt reads 28-29.5 so do i go wit mat reading or faun ? (probe placed exact same place on mat under faun as it would be in faun)could it be the hide holding it down isnt heavy enough as changed hides, temp was fine till move around

thanks all

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2011 :  20:14:33  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
always go with what the thermometer inside the enclosure says as this is where the snake is

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2011 :  20:37:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i had my mat running a few degrees higher than required to compensate for the heat lost between the mat and the faun base..

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Rake
Hatchling

United Kingdom
200 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2011 :  22:09:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you both, will turn stat up again see if i can get it to level out, also kind of off topic my corn (carolina) has darkened belly towards its tail tip were the colours merge but also seems to appear slightly red and dark cud this be a burn ? i have always used a statted mat and never above 29.5c

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  08:55:57  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
unlikely to be a burn but a pic (posted in the Health section) would certainly help

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000