Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  11:35:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's been 11 days and my bite is still sore

Dunno what's going on but each teeth mark is swollen up, burning and itchy and very sensetive to touch.

Is this normal with snake bites? This was the bite from Steve the king, he didn't just bite, he latched on for 5 mins and chewed lol

Only1Nitro
Hatchling

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  11:53:08  Show Profile  Visit Only1Nitro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
First things first, OUCH!
From my experience of being bitten (corns only) the bite seems fully healed within a few hours but iv not been locked on to just little nips
is there a possibility you could be elergic?

Male Charcoal = Sterling
Female Carolina = Fofo
Female Butter = Amarelo
12 Eggs
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  11:58:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a corn bite (well more of a quick tag) a few days before this and it bled but healed very quickly. This one has been very different.

The same king did bite me again a few days later but was just a quick tag, again it bled but that one has healed up fine.
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  12:34:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its probably got something to do with the length of time the teeth were in, I'm sure he didn't stay perfectly still so the teeth will have been moving about inside even if the inital puncture is small it may have done a little bit more damage under the skin. It could also be a reaction to the saliva or a bit of infection. Bit of TCP will see you right, as my old Dad used to say. I get a similar reaction to cat bites and scratches itches like mad for a few days.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  12:41:10  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
More than likely a small infection due to bacteria on the teefs of the snake.
I'd imagine it shouldn't irritate for a great deal of time, as lotabob says above a small infection possibly.

Either that or the king is dangerous, I think you should jiffy it over.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  13:00:53  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
looks like ya handa about to drop off

edited - Gmac

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Edited by - gmac on 02/06/2011 13:10:14
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  13:41:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, thanks for the replies. I don't think the hand will fall off but it has been a more irritating than I expected. It's just uncomforatble, my hand feels like its on fire!!

K, I will be sending you Marv if he carries on, overnight he has turned into a real king (maybe seen Steve and realised what he should be doing) and I can't put my hand in his tub without getting struck at!!

Gotta love kings :D
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  14:49:55  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by **Louise**

...K, I will be sending you Marv if he carries on, overnight he has turned into a real king.............

Woo.
And we keep telling people that kings are great, when really they have an insatiable taste for human flesh.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Only1Nitro
Hatchling

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  15:32:45  Show Profile  Visit Only1Nitro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

quote:

...K, I will be sending you Marv if he carries on, overnight he has turned into a real king.............

Woo.
And we keep telling people that kings are great, when really they have an insatiable taste for human flesh.

Mwahahahaha lol

Male Charcoal = Sterling
Female Carolina = Fofo
Female Butter = Amarelo
12 Eggs
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  17:47:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ouch!i'd rather get bit by my ferret! (who never bites!)

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

grantcia
Egg

United Kingdom
87 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  18:27:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sound to me it you have a infection. it should of stopped hurting buy now, try some ibuprofen as it has a anti inflammatory in and will help.
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  18:51:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just good practice for when your hoggie gets you.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2011 :  08:32:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
does sound like there may be a little infection, its probably a good idea just to stick some antibac cream or something on there, its also worth having a check to see if there might be a couple of teeth in there too, squeeze it like a spot, you may find a tooth pops out!
that was the only reason i had a bite not heal properly, i ended up pulling 4 teeth from my finger!

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2011 :  12:00:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

does sound like there may be a little infection, its probably a good idea just to stick some antibac cream or something on there, its also worth having a check to see if there might be a couple of teeth in there too, squeeze it like a spot, you may find a tooth pops out!
that was the only reason i had a bite not heal properly, i ended up pulling 4 teeth from my finger!

Funny you should say that! One of the spot type bite marks came to a head last night so I squeezed it and guess what I squeezed out? A tiny tooth

Steve seems fine and has eaten since the savage attack so the tooth loss can't have had any effect on him. Not sure if I have anymore still stuck in me, time will tell

He still keeps attacking me too so I guess he likes my flavour
Go to Top of Page

scubadude
Hatchling

United Kingdom
366 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2011 :  15:50:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
savage little bugger, steve I mean you're gonna be scared for life Lou, but don't worry, you can re-enact the scene from Jaws.. 'you wanna see a scar?.. that was a 2.5ft king snake..'

1.0.0 Classic corn snake - Dodge,2.2.0 Normal Royal - Palin,Detritus, Lyssa & Sofia,1.0.0 Spider royal - Anan,1.0.0 Mojave Royal - Ocha,1.0 Butter Royal - Huritt,0.1 Pastel ph ghost - Weeko,0.1 Yellowbelly - Loni,1.1.0 crawl cay boas -Maya & Pech,1.0.0 Hypo hog island boa - Harley,0.1.0 Hog island Boa - Babe

opinions are like ars*holes, everyone's got one, but you don't need to share them with the world.
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2011 :  16:09:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol

I just keep thinking, thank godness he didn't get me on the nose...
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2011 :  16:48:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Funny you should say that! One of the spot type bite marks came to a head last night so I squeezed it and guess what I squeezed out? A tiny tooth

Steve seems fine and has eaten since the savage attack so the tooth loss can't have had any effect on him. Not sure if I have anymore still stuck in me, time will tell

See, i am not just a pretty face!!

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2011 :  16:58:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

See, i am not just a pretty face!!

Nope, your also the 'pretty face' that sold me the savage killer king
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2011 :  18:15:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well i dont think many people have a tooth from their snake! i still have a puppy teeth in a drawer (but dont think i want them embeded in my skin though lol)

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2011 :  09:37:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heh,heh have you kept it as a memento?!
Hows the hand now?

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2011 :  11:55:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol nah it was tiny, infact not sure if it all came out, my hands still not right... :(
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000