DIY incubators
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Only1Nitro
Hatchling

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2011 :  21:24:50  Show Profile  Visit Only1Nitro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i am doing some serious breeding research and i want to know about your DIY incubators piks and step by step welcome
thanks guys

Male Charcoal = Sterling
Female Carolina = Fofo
Female Butter = Amarelo
12 Eggs

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2011 :  21:36:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8724 most home made ones are like this

Go to Top of Page

Only1Nitro
Hatchling

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2011 :  21:42:36  Show Profile  Visit Only1Nitro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very Useful thanks

Male Charcoal = Sterling
Female Carolina = Fofo
Female Butter = Amarelo
12 Eggs
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  01:50:45  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Question for other experienced breeders as well.

What do you think the abilities are for light heated incubators? I've wondered this with reps since my freezer conversion incubator.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  13:05:55  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
light heated i'd be concerned about humidity not stabilising and not being at a high enough %age

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  14:52:51  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I can get a humidity to be stabilised around the 70% mark with my old incubator, I doubt it would be that hard to get it higher.
I'm just wondering about any potential issues that could be caused to embryos with a fairly bright light as an incubation medium instead of normal heat source.
Surely what would amount to 60 odd days of 'sunlight' could conceivably cause eye issues....

It's just a general query really, I've not seen anyone incubate anything other than poultry eggs with a light source.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Only1Nitro
Hatchling

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  15:29:39  Show Profile  Visit Only1Nitro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
On ebay you can get ceramic lamps that go in a light fitting so it doesnt matter what time it is they can flick on and off to the stats content

Male Charcoal = Sterling
Female Carolina = Fofo
Female Butter = Amarelo
12 Eggs
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000