Water
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Celisuis
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2011 :  13:07:13  Show Profile  Visit Celisuis's Homepage  Click to see Celisuis's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey There Again.

I got my corn snake 2 days ago.

And he doesn't seem to be drinking, all he does is stay in his hide.

Is this normal right now - since he has just been moved etc.

Thanks

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2011 :  13:31:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perfectly normal. They do alot of hiding away.

If he has water he can get to, he will drink. Most likely at night when your not watching!

As long as your setup is correct and your temps are fine then nothing to worry about.
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2011 :  13:32:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, corns arn't exactly the most active of things during the day, they're nocturnal! The water never seems to go down much, just keep replacing it every couple of days or so, your corn will drink from it when he needs it! I've only caught mine drinking about once in the 4 months I've had mine x3
Go to Top of Page

Celisuis
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2011 :  13:52:03  Show Profile  Visit Celisuis's Homepage  Click to see Celisuis's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Fair enough.

It's good to know nothing is wrong! =]

Go to Top of Page

jimspook
Egg

77 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2011 :  14:42:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Definitely fine. Especially as its just being introduced to new surroundings, smells etc...... I am quite lucky as my snake isn't that shy when it co,mes to drinking and shedding. A lot of the time she'll have a drink as I put her back after handling which is quite cool to watch.

0.1.0 Normal CB09 - Artemis

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2011 :  16:25:59  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
As said I wouldn't worry too much. He is probably picking his chance while no-one is looking to snatch a quick drink.

quote:
Originally posted by Spreebok

Yeah, corns arn't exactly the most active of things during the day, they're nocturnal! The water never seems to go down much, just keep replacing it every couple of days or so, your corn will drink from it when he needs it! I've only caught mine drinking about once in the 4 months I've had mine x3

If I remember rightly they aren't nocturnal. Can't remember the name for it but it's when they are active at dawn and dusk.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2011 :  16:38:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kdlang

As said I wouldn't worry too much. He is probably picking his chance while no-one is looking to snatch a quick drink.

quote:

If I remember rightly they aren't nocturnal. Can't remember the name for it but it's when they are active at dawn and dusk.

That's correct, they are crepuscular
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2011 :  16:58:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by **Louise**

quote:
Originally posted by kdlang

quote:

That's correct, they are crepuscular

Now I know :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000