Constrict or not to Constrict
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gazlightning
Snake Mite

9 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  14:49:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone, had my corn snake about a month now and ive been feeding him 2 pinkies every feed which he takes very quickly and still seems hungry so today ive fed him 3 and he took the lot! im thinking it may definately be time for a move up in size of the mice, but he still looks too small to move onto fuzzies as the pinkies are still as big as his head and widest part of his body. Do corn snakes generally like to eat as much as they can get, if so should i just limit his feeding to 2 pinkies every feed for now, or try a bigger size?

Lastly, he still hasnt constricted at all on any of his feeds, is this normal?

Thanks,
Gary

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  15:06:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They can take food bigger than their body thickness so I would move him up to a fuzzy as 3 pinks is a bit much. They will eat and eat as much as you offer normally which isn't a good thing.

Some constrict, some don't. Is perfectly normal.

My small corn takes a fuzzy with no trouble

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16783

Edited by - Invalid User on 25/05/2011 15:08:16
Go to Top of Page

kopite_di
Hatchling

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  16:17:09  Show Profile  Click to see kopite_di's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm still confused with Cilla. she's only on 1 pinkie but she eats it within a min but I don't know whether to give her 2 at once or bigger food or 1 every other day she don't get much of a lump in her belly but I don't want to give her anything too big incase she can't get it all in :/ not much info on here either
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  16:29:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If one isnt leaving a bump then try 2 at the same feed, don't feed 1 every other day.

I think there's loads of feeding info on here. Most people ask at some point about when to move up a feed so there are loads of threads on the subject.

Edited by - Invalid User on 25/05/2011 16:30:51
Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  17:15:06  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My little 4 month old hatchling is on 2 pinkies per feed and eating well, will move up a food size when there's no longer much of a pinkie tummy bump lol

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

kopite_di
Hatchling

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  21:10:09  Show Profile  Click to see kopite_di's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys now I'm happy :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000