Non feeding query
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  00:32:39  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
OK so Izzy hasnt eaten now since the first of January and has only eaten twice in 7 months. In the beginning it just seemed to be him being his usual awkward self, then he started displaying typical horny male behaviour so I havent really been worried about it. He wasn't really losing any weight to speak of. However he has now lost 90g although he can certainly afford to lose it (4yrs old, weighs 634g now approx 4.5ft long)

Aside from leaving mousey in the viv overnight, braining and heating with a hairdryer, I haven't really put much effort into getting him started again, mainly because he is obviously still in breeding mode.

My question is should I bother trying all the various suggestions on getting a non feeder to eat while he is still horny or shall i wait until he calms down? I only try him every 2 weeks and not sure i should fuss too much if he isnt going to be interested anyway.

Also I'm going to put some reptoboost in his drinking water to give him a pick-me-up. I wasn't sure if there was a limit to how long i can give it for (changing it every day). Also, I know if you bath them in it then you have to rinse them off, but what if they go in their drinking water?

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  15:25:45  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quite often it's a case of letting their hormones settle down....are the girls nearby?
if it's possible move him as far away as possible to avoid distraction lol

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  15:27:36  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
he sounds like a typical man lmao! (sorry to the men on here heehee)

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  15:34:12  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
oh and the Reptoboost you can use indefinitely hun

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  15:49:08  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The only female near him downstairs is my cb10 hoggie.

He is getting very frustrating now. I never know whether to mess about with the mice to try and tempt him or just put it in the viv with him like normal.

I thought men usually had women and food on the brain in equal measure along with booze and tv lol

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  20:24:07  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
after that amount of time his stomach will have shrunk so try him with something really small like a fuzzy.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  22:04:38  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks eeji, I have tried large instead of extra large but I will drop to a fuzzy next time and see what happens

0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000