New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  00:03:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

my little kodi (altho not so little anymore ) is coming on nicely , she weighed 24 grams on the 31/03 , then the 12/04 she was 30g and now on the 18/05 is 36g we feed her one fluff every 5 days . she has shed once with us on 23/4 and when i took her out tonite shes all blue eyed again . i was wondering should we drop the feeding back to 7 days now ?
also shes in a medium faun , we got a rough length of her and we think shes around 22 inches give or take . would we be able to move her into a large faun soon ? i took some pics of her in her current faun so u can kinda see how big shes getting .
we have noiced a raised scale on her nose , not a big scale but i think its from rubbing her nose on the gaps in her faun , the shed should sort this out shouldnt it ? it doesnt look red or sore at all .

the blue eyed girl :

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  00:08:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spot broke a scale on his nose, it shed out and you'd never know there was ever a dink in his snout.

I don't see any problem in putting him in a bigger faun, just keep an eye on him once moved and if he looks a bit lost or stressed you can always move him back.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  00:10:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
will wait till shes shed as shes gone all quiet and not as active and then try moving her over , we got some bits and pieces to put in there with her . what do u think about feeding ? should we drop her back to seven days now ? or is five still ok? shes a july cb10 x

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  00:17:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've only ever feed mine every 7 days (well, 6 or 8 on occasion). At her size though I don't think it would make much of a difference either way.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  09:27:50  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Romeo is the same age. I feed every 7 days xx

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  12:51:01  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My little hatchling was 3 months old when I got her and I put her in a large flat faun, the one with the divider bit in it and after about a week I got her same fake leafy vine to give her cover, some stones for her to slither round and rub on when she sheds and I fixed loo roll tubes onto the lid of her faun with cable ties, she loves hiding in her loo rolls, I also scrunched up bits of kitchen roll and put it into her hides, she likes that too as I always find her curled up right in the middle of the kitchen roll. She is only 4 months old tho and she's on 2 pinkies per feed and I feed her every 7 days. :)

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000