VIV Success :)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cattNmo
Hatchling

182 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2011 :  19:23:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For a while now I've been looking at getting Mo a new viv but kept thinking that a 3" although good once full grown for a 9 month old 20' Mo this was going to be just to big :( I've seen people using RUB but only the small A4 sized ones for hatchling.

Last night I had a brain wave (no i'm not blonde just a little slow) but by a bigger box and do what everyone else does, lol.

So today I've bought a 64lt RUB drilled wholes all over the place. Cable tided sensors into place. Added a 5 bulb LED strip for lighting. Moved over all my old stuff and added a few new bits. It looks very nice and Mo is (as i type) exploring his nice new CHEAP home.

The whole thing has cost me under 15 quid and I'm sure will last him a long time. I would add photos to show you but I can't work out how to add pics on here (I assure you I'm not blond)

Three corns, a dog, a cat, 2 kids and a future husband, Yes its a MAD HOUSE in leicester area.

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2011 :  19:28:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14057

is the best way to upload pictures to here

look forwards to seeing pictures of his new home!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

cattNmo
Hatchling

182 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2011 :  19:54:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Thank you very much :)Thats one from the top

Three corns, a dog, a cat, 2 kids and a future husband, Yes its a MAD HOUSE in leicester area.
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2011 :  20:05:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it looks good

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2011 :  21:05:25  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
looks great

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Only1Nitro
Hatchling

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2011 :  22:18:49  Show Profile  Visit Only1Nitro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i dunno if its just me but i dont like rubs i just dont think they are clear enough urs looks great, just my preference

Male Charcoal = Sterling
Female Carolina = Fofo
Female Butter = Amarelo
12 Eggs
Go to Top of Page

cattNmo
Hatchling

182 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2011 :  22:29:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah that is a down side, but I have a plan to over come that. The main thing was finding something good for him but not costing me a fortune until he is ready for his real viv in a few years time. Think this has done that.

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2011 :  22:59:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RUBs are a very practical, inexpensive and space saving way to own snakes. I have a RUB and a few vivs. I do prefer the vivs but thats only as I want to display my animals, the snakes aren't fussy, as long as they are warm, feel safe, are clean and are fed they couldn't care less where they live. Vivariums can be very expensive I think RUBs are great until the snake is a bit bigger.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2011 :  23:02:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Only1Nitro

i dunno if its just me but i dont like rubs i just dont think they are clear enough urs looks great, just my preference

I use cheap no brand ones in a rack I converted from a cupboard. The tubs are completely transparant which usually I wouldn't like as it's too open for the snake to feel secure but seeing as they are in the rack, 3 sides are covered and so is the top. It's great, I can see them no problem
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000