Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2011 :  11:29:00  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
soooooo........
it's only about month (possibly the longest month in the year lol) till the first IHS show of the year at Doncaster Dome
so who's going?
who's buying?
who's selling?
who's going to the usual forum pub meet at Cheswolds at lunchtime (TBC by KazerLewy)?

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2011 :  11:40:52  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Im going.. Im pretty sure (even tho everytime i say i wont) i will buy ;) and i shall be at the pub :D

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2011 :  12:44:35  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
me and dazb should be going

on the lookout for a white-sided Texas rat but that's it, just window shopping.....honest!!

Go to Top of Page

panda1987
Snake Mite

34 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2011 :  14:41:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
after reading some posts from last year i wish i was going sounds awesome, is this the only show they do or is there something near southampton?
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2011 :  15:19:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wish I could go, although I know I would end up buying, so probably a good job I can't get there lol

Would have been great to meet you all tho :(
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2011 :  17:09:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wish I could go.. will talk to the oh and see if we can get out of work for a little road trip.. last time we went to donny in 09 we came away with 4snakes but don't think I'll be allowed to do that again this year

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Callazagy
Yearling

United Kingdom
506 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2011 :  19:16:55  Show Profile  Click to see Callazagy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I will be going, but not buying as im going away for a few weeks a couple of days after. Just going to see what its like, but im saveing up for the september one.

Will cheap equipment be on sale aswell as livestock? Might get some heatmats, stats and deco if so.

* 2.1 Corn Snakes (Arthas - Normal, Tilion - Anery Lav, Yavanna - Stripe) * 1.1 Cape House Snake (Jenson & Ginetta) * 1.0 Carpet Python (Irian Jaya Jag - Grantly) *
* 1.0 Amazon Tree Boa (Omen) * 1.1.2 Crested Geckos (Brindle, Harley, Noumea & Farino) * 0.0.2 Gargoyle Geckos (Pazuzu & Vesper) *
* 0.0.1 Mexican Red Leg Tarantula (Aragog) * 1.1 Leopard Geckos (Kara & Darwin) * 1.0 Dog (Labrador - Barney) * 1.0 Cat (Casper) *
* 1.0 Western Hognose (Hamilton) * 1.0 Apricot Pueblan Milk Snake (Tweek) * 0.0.2 Common Musk Turtles (Erin & Ira) *
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2011 :  21:29:33  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yep, there's dry goods as well as livestock

there's usually frozen foods in bulk (Simon's Rodents) and they keep your order in their freezer till you're ready to leave the show
there's also usually a creche for reps you've bought at the show so you don't have to carry them round with you all day

but BEWARE!! not many stands are set up for card payments and i'm guessing all the local cash machines will be busy or empty...or both!!

Go to Top of Page

cattNmo
Hatchling

182 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2011 :  22:09:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This will be my first show. and i'm going with birthday cash in hand lol. New baby for me then lol. and bulk buy so stuff :) all excited new, should be good

Three corns, a dog, a cat, 2 kids and a future husband, Yes its a MAD HOUSE in leicester area.
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2011 :  22:24:00  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm hoping to go. I won't be planning to buy anything but might have to have a couple of set-ups ready just in case

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Lixra
Hatchling

United Kingdom
286 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2011 :  13:40:48  Show Profile  Click to see Lixra's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FiestaSTLou

Im going.. Im pretty sure (even tho everytime i say i wont) i will buy ;) and i shall be at the pub :D

And she's at the right hotel this year!
Won't be selling, but might be buying if I can get the husband's permission, hehe...

Kao and I will definitely be at the pub, but you guys need a table sign or name badges this year! I walked around the pub aimlessly last September and couldn't find no one

Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2011 :  19:57:47  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
might be going with the boss xD

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 sinaloan milk snake
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa
1.0.0 snow corn abomninable
0.1.0 royal python priscilla
http://www.youtube.com/user/stotty01 dads youtube channel

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

wish list: boa!
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2011 :  20:09:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i wish i could go, but parents wont take me as i would not be going for anything, and i dont know if i trust myself to go and not come back with anything. although i would like to go and pick up a good deal with dry goods and tank decor lol

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2011 :  20:54:09  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lixra

quote:

Won't be selling, but might be buying if I can get the husband's permission, hehe...

Kao and I will definitely be at the pub, but you guys need a table sign or name badges this year! I walked around the pub aimlessly last September and couldn't find no one

Who's gonna design a badge then that we can all print off. I would but I'm rubbish with that sort of stuff. Didn't you have t-shirts printed one year?

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie

www.support-dogs.org.uk

Edited by - kdlang on 19/05/2011 20:54:48
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2011 :  22:06:33  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
that's a good idea Karen could we nick Lewy's sig pic for that?
we did get forum t-shirts a few years ago but Lewy has changed jobs since then and i don't think he has the contacts anymore

will have to put a banner on the table we sit at at Cheswolds so people don't miss us all this year

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2011 :  18:01:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't go
I have my learning disabilities school placement starting on the 27th so to go to the rep show, get back to nottingham to pick stuff up and then travel back to london in time to get a decent nights kip before a 6am start is a tad too much for me to cope with!
gutted
will try and make the september one but not sure when I start my clinical placement - its sometime in september so will have to cross my fingers and hope for the best!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2011 :  12:52:55  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by panda1987

after reading some posts from last year i wish i was going sounds awesome, is this the only show they do or is there something near southampton?

there is usually one in portsmouth end of the year :)

Go to Top of Page

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2011 :  12:54:33  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lixra

quote:

we gna be in the pub the night before nodoubt,got a friend coming to with us on the look out for his first snake ;) have u still got my num hun? gimme a text when ur there and we'll def meetu in the pub this time lol

Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  00:23:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm crossing fingers I can go for the first time.
Is it best to go the June or Sept one if you're after buying a snake? Obviously I'm not thinking of buying another,just thought I'd check.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  01:12:14  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Not sure if I am going to be able to make it after all. Got a new foster puppy coming tomorrow (oops today now) and it will be dependant on if I can get one of the trainers to have him for the weekend so I can come.

0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  15:15:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mort13

I'm crossing fingers I can go for the first time.
Is it best to go the June or Sept one if you're after buying a snake? Obviously I'm not thinking of buying another,just thought I'd check.

it depends onw hat your after age wise. if your after a cb11 then def sept, of your after a cb10 or older, then june. i went to both last year, and only seen a few cb10 in june, and loads of cb09 stuff that obv hadnt sold, and then went in sept and there are lots of varity, but mainly cb10 babies, and alot of corns

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000