New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

inkiepixie
Hatchling

United Kingdom
445 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  08:58:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone keep their adult corn in a RUB? I'm having difficulty finding RUBs big enough for a 4 or 5 foot snake - are they available, or should I just get a nice vivarium instead?

0.0.1 classic: Bellatrix
0.1.0 anery (het amel): Luna
1.0.0 hypo lavender (het amel ph stripe): Orion
1.1.0 kittycats: George and Pixie
1.0.0 hound: Shadow
1.0.0 husband: Louis

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  09:37:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are big enough RUB's and tubs out there- 50, 64, 84 ltr are all big enough for adult corns. If you want a viv then go for one though.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  09:39:25  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have Griffin in a 84L RUB. Its high so I have made climbing things for him He will be going into a viv about Oct/Nov time onc I have enough cash for my 4stack xxx

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/

Edited by - Mamma on 16/05/2011 09:39:51
Go to Top of Page

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  09:45:29  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yup i keep my adult corn in a RUB, i get ours from staples, they actually had a deal on the other weekend on 64 ltrs, buy one and get the other half price, so got 2 tubs for £16 :)

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  10:00:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My corns will all stay in rubs. Probably 64L but will go bigger if I feel they need it.

Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  12:34:17  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I plan on keeping my corn and other snakes when I get them in RUBs and big RUBs aren't hard to find, check out Staples, Argos, HomeBase, B&Q possibly, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons - the bigger ones, I know there's 64L, 50L, 80L, 145L, 180L RUBs out there.

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

inkiepixie
Hatchling

United Kingdom
445 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  14:07:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahhh I didn't know they went THAT big! I have been looking on RUB's own website until now. I will check out some of those places, thank you. I think eventually just for aesthetics I'll probably want them all in vivs but as we know that will cost...!

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  14:19:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by inkiepixie

I think eventually just for aesthetics I'll probably want them all in vivs but as we know that will cost...!

It depends, a 3ft viv from surrey pets is around £45 and large RUBs can be as much as £40!
Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  14:34:50  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah Lou but if you live no where near Surrey Pets, Scotland for example then delivery, postage and packaging will bump up the price.

Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  14:46:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ailsa

Yeah Lou but if you live no where near Surrey Pets, Scotland for example then delivery, postage and packaging will bump up the price.

Ailsa, my reply was for the OP who lives in Nottingham. Surrey pets delivery to that location is £3.99.
Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  14:48:00  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sorry my apologies.

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  14:48:24  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ailsa

I think what lou was meaning is if the person was thinking RUBs for foaniance reasons, then the actual vivs start cheap. If you wanted a viv real bad but thought it was gonna be expensive, but you can get one from surrey pets cheap, then surely you wouldnt mind payin the p&p.

Th OP didnt say whether it was for financial reasons, personal prefernce or space wise though.

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  16:32:10  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

quote:

I think eventually just for aesthetics I'll probably want them all in vivs but as we know that will cost...!

It depends, a 3ft viv from surrey pets is around £45 and large RUBs can be as much as £40!

I got my 3ft viv for £35 :D but I got that from Swell Reptiles cause I'm all special :3

The problem with RUBs is that if you see an 50l and then hear of a 145l you kinda expect that one to be massive, which it kinda is but only in height and it's more like a square shape D: I wish they did the capacity of 145l but reduced the height and added to the length of floor space!

Plus look on pre loved for second hand vivs. Yeh there are some ones that people stupidly price but then there are some good ads up there that sell them pretty darn cheap. I bet the occasional bargains of vivs go on rfuk. I've seen 3ft ones being sold very cheap simply as the person has no room and needs to get rid aspa!

Also to Edit, Measure up space you have, I think RUB's widths are something like near 18inches? Doesn't sound like a lot but I cannot fit RUbs into my room for this reason so went for narrower vivs.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3

Edited by - Sta~ple on 16/05/2011 16:33:35
Go to Top of Page

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  16:52:40  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

quote:

I got my 3ft viv for £35 :D but I got that from Swell Reptiles cause I'm all special :3

The problem with RUBs is that if you see an 50l and then hear of a 145l you kinda expect that one to be massive, which it kinda is but only in height and it's more like a square shape D: I wish they did the capacity of 145l but reduced the height and added to the length of floor space!

Plus look on pre loved for second hand vivs. Yeh there are some ones that people stupidly price but then there are some good ads up there that sell them pretty darn cheap. I bet the occasional bargains of vivs go on rfuk. I've seen 3ft ones being sold very cheap simply as the person has no room and needs to get rid aspa!

Also to Edit, Measure up space you have, I think RUB's widths are something like near 18inches? Doesn't sound like a lot but I cannot fit RUbs into my room for this reason so went for narrower vivs.

thats the problem we had with proper RUBS! the one we had sydney in was to high! and the floor space limited, but we actually found that staples own brand rubs do a 64lt which is very low and has more floor place and it suits her so much better, we have put the smaller royal in one to :) and they are cheaper than proper rubs ;) £16 for both ;)

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  19:18:15  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
all my adults are in 50l RUBs, plenty of space for them.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

inkiepixie
Hatchling

United Kingdom
445 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  20:50:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, it's mostly for aesthetics but also because as sta~ple says, the large RUBs seem to be larger in volume but not in plan. Actual RUBs are very expensive, but my little lot are at the moment in [can't remember volume] plastic storage boxes from Dunelm Mill that are about a fiver each.

Staples looks like a good place to investigate though - thank you.

Go to Top of Page

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2011 :  16:50:49  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
if u get staple own brand check the handles, some boxes have handles that are really loose and some that are really stiff haha me and the fella where there for ages testing all the boxes to make sure we got the best llol

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000