Something odd about feeding
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  09:12:18  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Second successful feed of 2 pinkies this morning, very greedy snake, but there is one thing that i wondered - she grabbed both hard from me but the 2nd pinkie she grabbed really really hard and then shook it about, she was going daft even got pinkie blood all over tub and me, and then she ate it, is this a normal thing?

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  09:21:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's fine. :D
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  09:26:43  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
its snakey being a snake =]

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  10:42:09  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wish mine were more like that! Pandora struck and constricted the very 1st time, but ever since then all 3 of my corns just calmly take hold of their food without any fuss. They are eating just fine so I'm not worried, but it would be nice to see a bit more action!

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  10:57:35  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
every time i feed her she really does grab them well but this was the first time she shook the pinkie about like that

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  11:00:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ptmbradley

I wish mine were more like that! Pandora struck and constricted the very 1st time, but ever since then all 3 of my corns just calmly take hold of their food without any fuss. They are eating just fine so I'm not worried, but it would be nice to see a bit more action!

You will see more action with your brb!
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  14:21:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

quote:
Originally posted by ptmbradley

You will see more action with your brb!

Ha, tell that to mine!!

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lixra
Hatchling

United Kingdom
286 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  14:56:15  Show Profile  Click to see Lixra's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yup, all snakes are different with their feeding habits, I suppose it's part of their unique personality.

One of my corns will literally just open her mouth and wait for me to drop the mice in there for her
I have two that wrestle the thing to "death" - shaking, coiling, very aggressive with their food!
The oddest thing I ever witnessed was a young BRB I had, she would bite the heads off of her rat pinks, eat the bodies, and then leave her decapitation handiwork for me to find. Weird little thing.

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  15:08:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lixra

The oddest thing I ever witnessed was a young BRB I had, she would bite the heads off of her rat pinks, eat the bodies, and then leave her decapitation handiwork for me to find. Weird little thing.

Ewwww lol
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000