Appropriate first RUB size
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  12:30:14  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Working out how to make best use of the space I have when it comes to moving from faun into large rub. From the size dimensions I've given, what do you think would be best;-
35L RUB - External dimensions: 480 x 390 x 310mm
Internal dimensions: 370 x 310 x 280mm
35L XL RUB External dimensions: 480 x 390 x 345mm (LxWxD)
Internal dimensions: 370 x 310 x 310mm (LxWxD)
42L RUB External dimensions: 520 x 440 x 310mm
Internal dimensions: 405 x 365 x 280mm
50L RUB External dimensions: 710 x 440 x 230mm
Internal dimensions: 605 x 370 x 200mm
64L RUB External dimensions: 710 x 440 x 310mm
Internal dimensions: 605 x 370 x 280mm

Which do you think would be better to provide climbing space, hiding places and give the best amount of enriching space for snake but without causing stress or harm.

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  12:39:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just went from faunairum/9L rub straight to a 33L underbed storage box.

I have all my corns in them and they vary from 2-3.5ft

My Jungles are in 64L tubs, but I am moving them soon into bigger ones as they don't seem big enough as the jungles are more active and are 4ft+

My Hondo is in a 50L tub but early days yet but at 3ft he should be fine in there for a while.

The boas are all in 64L tubs as I have given them things to climb on. Even though they are still quite small they like the extra space.

Most will be in vivs next but the corns will stay in tubs.

Edited by - Invalid User on 10/05/2011 12:40:44
Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  12:45:23  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I looked at the 33L RUBs but they don't seem very big height wise, great length but not very high?

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  12:57:17  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
my 80L rub is more about the height. Its got plenty height in it and I have attatched the bamboo for snakey to use until I get my 4stack.

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  16:19:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ailsa

I looked at the 33L RUBs but they don't seem very big height wise, great length but not very high?

So get 64L rubs then, same floor space as a 32L rub just higher.
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  17:13:50  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

So get 64L rubs then, same floor space as a 32L rub just higher.

^^ This

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  17:50:19  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Another vote for 64. My BRB is in an 18 litre but already isn't far from outgrowing it so I'm preparing to move him to a 64, probably at the end of the month, where he'll stay until he moves to a 4ft viv. Is quite a lot bigger than he's used to so making sure there's lots of hides and foliage and stuff to keep him happy. There's plenty of climbing space and I've already put in some bamboo and a vine for him.

Pete

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000