New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rake
Hatchling

United Kingdom
200 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2011 :  20:48:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi all, sorry about this i know i have posted several times but i am at a loss now, ive implemented everything ive heard so far but once again to no avail, my heat mat sits on top of two folded pieces of foil and two towels with my faun on top, i have tried weighting down my thermometer probe and attaching it to the probe from the stat but when on the inside of the faun even when its weighted down it isnt going above 25c, placing the thermometer probe on the outside with the stat prob also proves difficult as it shows the mat as fluctuating between 28-30c but inside the faun when i feel the bottom over the heatmat its cold also my corn has spent entire day on hot side and when had him out felt very cold and slugish, i am now at a loss lol so once again all suggestions greatly appreciated and sorry for posting same thing several times

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2011 :  20:54:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
28oC is to you (a mammal with a body temp of 37oC) not hot. My corn snake always feels cold too. Your thermometer goes where the snake is, in the faun, it can take a while for the setup to get upto temperature. As long as your ambient temp isn't too cold, I'm guessing around 20oC then there is no harm to your snake.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky

Edited by - lotabob on 09/05/2011 20:55:46
Go to Top of Page

Rake
Hatchling

United Kingdom
200 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2011 :  21:11:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ye room temp hangs about 24-25c just a lil worried because its feeding day tomorrow, have just place thermometer probe inside faun, would changing the room hes in help ?

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2011 :  21:39:29  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't worry about feeding until you know the temps are correct. It is much worse to risk a regurge than your little one to go a few days longer before being fed.

Just to double check a couple of things. Are you lying the probe down on the bottom of the faun or having it so its hanging down n just the tip touching the bottom of the faun? It should be lying flat. I'm sure that is probably how you have it but thought it was worth checking. Also, is it only reading 25C even when you have the thermostat turned up full?

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Rake
Hatchling

United Kingdom
200 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2011 :  21:46:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ye its weighted down flat inside the faun, ye eevn with the stat turned up full its weird but a couple of days ago it was fluctuating between 28-29c inside hot end, im starting to think something is faulty

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2011 :  21:52:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rake

ye its weighted down flat inside the faun, ye eevn with the stat turned up full its weird but a couple of days ago it was fluctuating between 28-29c inside hot end, im starting to think something is faulty

I'm tempted to agree with you.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2011 :  21:56:39  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
my microclimate stat maintains temps of 28.5-29.5*C, been working well for 1 months, as that's how long I've had my hatchling.

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2011 :  21:58:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you take a picture clearly showing where your probes are positioned and post it?

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

Rake
Hatchling

United Kingdom
200 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2011 :  22:37:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ye will do, dont naturally think its my stat as it does clock on and off may be heat mat

Go to Top of Page

Rake
Hatchling

United Kingdom
200 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2011 :  23:00:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how do i post it managed to get the photos

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts