Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

grantcia
Egg

United Kingdom
87 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  18:50:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all ,

I just bought Tango a new hide I'm wondering if its to big for a 2ft corn. its about 6 inches by 3inches . a stone type one
how do corns like to be in small places were they can coil up like his pot in the cold end . would he be happier if i put his flower pot back in that he can coil up in nicely

thanks

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  18:55:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I aim for a snug fit but really if its big fill it with substrate so the gap from floor to hide ceiling is only big enough for your snake. Spots hides are quite big if you sit them on a solid surface but pushed down into the substrate they are a snug little hide.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  19:14:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i pile up the aspen underneath, flatten it out a bit and then squash the hide down onto it

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  20:01:37  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
or you could put some scrunched up newspaper into the hide to make the space smaller

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

grantcia
Egg

United Kingdom
87 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  11:08:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks guys , ive put the old one back in for now. and i will have a play when his dinner is past.
Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  12:39:44  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
you could also try putting lots of shredded paper into the hide not only to make it smaller but cosy too

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000