omg thats disgusting ;/
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kopite_di
Hatchling

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  20:46:49  Show Profile  Click to see kopite_di's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Cilla has just musked on me, at least I think thats what it was, like runny poo and smelly, eugh , I did have her out of her tank for a while, obviously too long , hope she dont get in the habbit gross....

Rake
Hatchling

United Kingdom
200 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  21:17:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
feel for ya mate mine did it to me first time i held him it stinks thank god it washes off lmao from what ive read they grow out of it or so they say

Go to Top of Page

Isoldael
Yearling

Netherlands
999 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  21:19:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to deal with (wild) grass snakes regularly, they do the same. Grossssssssss!

1.0 anery stripe (Nash)
1.0 hypo pewter (Loki)
1.0 bloodred het amel, charcoal, hypo, stripe 50% phet anery, lavender (Kasumi)
0.1 grey background normal het amel (Saphira)
0.1 tessera het amel, anery, stripe (Lilith)
0.1 amel (Aurora)
0.1 hypo bloodred het anery, charcoal, stripe 50% phet amel, lavender (Mara)
Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  21:34:05  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've never yet been musked or pooped on by my new hatchling, had her nearly a month now and handled her 4 days after i got her with no problems except she's really nosy lol

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

Rake
Hatchling

United Kingdom
200 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  21:50:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thankfuly mine hasnt done it since just really lazy prefers to curl up and watch t.v lol

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  21:55:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like you just got pooped on. Musk is a milky liquid. My Boa would musk when I first got her and it is a funny smell but very little in the way of liquid actually. When you handle your snake the longer its out the more your hands will warm them. The excercise and the way your hands will gently massage them does encourage them to poo, its a bit smelly but get used to it, it will not be the last time.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky

Edited by - lotabob on 05/05/2011 21:56:17
Go to Top of Page

Rake
Hatchling

United Kingdom
200 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  22:06:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that is not encouraging iotabob lol will have to have the wipes and tea towel at hand from now on

Go to Top of Page

kopite_di
Hatchling

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  22:18:52  Show Profile  Click to see kopite_di's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
wasn't milky ;/ looked like runny poop she was out for about 30 mins and went straight under her warm hide so guessing she got cold and fed up lol , my african grey delights in pooping on me, so i'm used to it lol
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  22:55:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If she was on you she wont have got cold, hot and fedup or stressed but not cold. Corn poo is runny, its only dry once it dries out in the substrate.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

Edited by - lotabob on 05/05/2011 22:56:26
Go to Top of Page

kopite_di
Hatchling

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  23:25:55  Show Profile  Click to see kopite_di's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Do they get stressed easily or did I have her out too long ? X x
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  23:49:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Probably wasn't stressed at all but more likely to get stressed than cold in your hand.

You'll notice them get flighty and wanting to get away when they've had enough.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  14:41:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how long ago was she fed? it might be that you just handled her before she had chance to use the aspen/bedding as a toilet and unfortunately you became the replacement..
I try not to handle my lot until they have pooped at least once after feeding - being pooped on by aura once was enough for me and that was when she was only eating half a pinkie!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Edited by - HannahB on 06/05/2011 14:45:50
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  15:37:29  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Can't say either of mine have done that to me but marmalade did poo an wee on a friend of mine. She asked what have I done to deserve this an I guess it was just to do with her being out an active for her bowels moving abit

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Edited by - a33272 on 06/05/2011 15:55:08
Go to Top of Page

kopite_di
Hatchling

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  16:24:08  Show Profile  Click to see kopite_di's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hannah she was fed last Sunday and had her 1st pop Tuesday , Chris she was fairly active for about 20 to 30 mins so I guess that was it lol , thanks lotabob I will remember not to have her out too long :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000