tempsdriving me nuts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kopite_di
Hatchling

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  12:23:07  Show Profile  Click to see kopite_di's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi all my temps keep fluctuating between 27.9 and 29.5 just gets to top level then drops again :/ he thermo probe and stat probe are both inside on the floor above mat , does the outside air and temp have an effect ? I have just changed my room around as she was tucked away in corner and was wondering if the change has unsettled the temps and as it is now in a more open part of room the air circulating may of affected it ?? She is curled up under the warm hide at the mo but has had a wander, also I have the heat mat under the faun with the faun legs holding it in place, will that be enough air flow gap ? i have a habitat mat 6 x 11 " 7 watt . thanks all

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  12:58:49  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
if your using a on/off mat stat, u will get a few degrees fluctuation its just how they operate

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

kopite_di
Hatchling

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  13:15:13  Show Profile  Click to see kopite_di's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thank you, so it wont harm her to have 1 or 2 degree change ??
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  13:18:37  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
that temp range sounds fine and is typical of that type of stat
don't panic!!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

kopite_di
Hatchling

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  13:43:28  Show Profile  Click to see kopite_di's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

that temp range sounds fine and is typical of that type of stat
don't panic!!

thank you, while i have you which is better faunarium or viv ? and could i get a 3ft viv but keep her in the faunarium inside the viv until she is bigger, i have been offered a viv :) also are the infr red thermometers a good idea? i had 1 for my bearded dragon :)
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  15:01:21  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
fauns are only used while there small then u need to start moving up to rubs an vivs. what ya surgested is fine thats what i did. had my corn as a hatching but brought everything to suit a 3 ft viv then just a rub put inside it while she was small

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

kopite_di
Hatchling

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  15:05:14  Show Profile  Click to see kopite_di's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Great thanks I will get it now :) x
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000