Sunbathing!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

oakleyman18
Yearling

828 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  11:11:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know the weathers quite good in the UK at the moment, but I didn't know corns were known for basking..! Is it normal behaviour? At first I thought maybe he was a bit chilly, but his warm end is reading 28C with the heat mat, so why is he chilling out under the lamp?? Is he just too cool to hide away?

Oscar Morrell
0.1.0. Tessera het Caramel Diffused Hypo ph Amel Anery CB'12 "Cassi", 0.1.0. Diffused Powder CB'12 "Ruby"
0.1.0. Normal Stripe, het Hypo, Amel, Lavender CB'11 "Amber", 1.0.0. Lavender Stripe het Diffused Anery Amel Hypo CB'11 "Pluto"
1.0.0. Hypo Opal Ph Stripe CB'12 "Hops", 1.0.0. Caramel Stripe het Amel CB'08 "Jasper", 1.0.0. Opal Stripe het Anery CB'09 "Topaz"
0.1.0. Amel Stripe het Caramel CB'09 "Poppy", 0.1.0. Tessera het Amel Lavender Stripe ph Diffused Hypo Anery CB'12 "Amethyst"

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  11:18:17  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
He may be cold and warming himself up or he may be just basking under the heat lamp.

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.

Edited by - Ailsa on 01/05/2011 11:27:59
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  11:18:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm confused by the question lol

Is that a heat lamp? Surely he's uder there to get warm or am I missing the point?
Go to Top of Page

oakleyman18
Yearling

828 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  11:20:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, that is my question.. But if it's 28C in the warm end, why is he trying to heat himself up more? Isn't 28C supposed to be the top range of what they feel comfortable with? He is a VERY tame snake, always out and about, but just thought I'd ask the question!

Oscar Morrell
0.1.0. Tessera het Caramel Diffused Hypo ph Amel Anery CB'12 "Cassi", 0.1.0. Diffused Powder CB'12 "Ruby"
0.1.0. Normal Stripe, het Hypo, Amel, Lavender CB'11 "Amber", 1.0.0. Lavender Stripe het Diffused Anery Amel Hypo CB'11 "Pluto"
1.0.0. Hypo Opal Ph Stripe CB'12 "Hops", 1.0.0. Caramel Stripe het Amel CB'08 "Jasper", 1.0.0. Opal Stripe het Anery CB'09 "Topaz"
0.1.0. Amel Stripe het Caramel CB'09 "Poppy", 0.1.0. Tessera het Amel Lavender Stripe ph Diffused Hypo Anery CB'12 "Amethyst"
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  11:30:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So you have a heat lamp and heat mat? The lamp statted too?

Maybe it's that he is too hot so has moved away from the heatmat? I really don't know tbh as I don't use any lamps.

Am sure others can help :)
Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  11:32:44  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I thought if you have a heat mat then you don't need a heat lamp too? As Lou said he could be too warm?

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.

Edited by - Ailsa on 01/05/2011 11:33:25
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  13:22:55  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What sort of lamp is it he's under? Is he heat la
P a normal house bulb energy saving etc. It might just be he simply decided he fancied a rest in that spot my corn often just curls up for no reason in strange places he was asleep the other day half in a hide half under bridge with her head resting on water bowl.

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000