New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

misspiggy18
Hatchling

United Kingdom
143 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2011 :  18:02:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
in the past couple of weeks vinnie has been acting strange normally he is a shy corn who you dont see much of but for the past couple of weeks when i feed him he starts to liven up a lot he wont eat and seems to be on the constant look out for something. ive been braining the mice and heating them up but he wont touch them ive even left the mouse in with him for a long period of time but still wont touch them. i do however feed both vinnie and leo together i know for a matter of fact that leo is a male who is 10 months old but the bloke who i brougt vinnie from a reptile shop just took a look at him n said he was male so the bloke must have great powers of detection but vinnie is now reaching the age of 22 months so im gonna ring a few vets asking if they can probe him/her for me to check any suggestions on wat might be going on

sorry for the oddles of writing im not getting to worried just yet but i will be soon

2.0.0 corn snakes (Vinnie and Leo)
1.1.0 cats ( jayda and thomas)

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2011 :  18:06:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At 22 months if he is indeed a male than he may likely have only 1 thing on his mind- sex. It is the mating season, and loads of males decide to go on a fast and up the exercise routine ;)

Also, you said you feed them together- are you cohabiting them?

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

misspiggy18
Hatchling

United Kingdom
143 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2011 :  18:09:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

At 22 months if he is indeed a male than he may likely have only 1 thing on his mind- sex. It is the mating season, and loads of males decide to go on a fast and up the exercise routine ;)

Also, you said you feed them together- are you cohabiting them?

no they dont live in the same viv there in separate tanks i just feed them at the same time in different tubes

2.0.0 corn snakes (Vinnie and Leo)
1.1.0 cats ( jayda and thomas)

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2011 :  18:15:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah right, thats fine then.

As long as he isn't losing too much weight then I wouldn't be too concerned. Double check the setup and temperatures and keep him eye on him. Don't panic about the non-eating, corns can go months without eating and remain perfectly fine.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000