Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2011 :  10:39:47  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I was wondering if I can sit 2nd snake faun on top of Dakota's faun? The heat mat wont be in direct contact as there will be 2 cork mats, then a folded bit of tin foil, then heat mat and faun sitting on top of that. I know it will mean fafffing when I want to take out snake in bottom faun but could it be ok in mean time?
Can you do that or is it a daft idea? Don't have space for snakes sorted out at the moment, Dakota's faun is sitting on a fold down table at present lol

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2011 :  10:43:35  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
not adviceable as if its knocked will fall off

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2011 :  10:53:49  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
it's in a corner out of the way and no kids running around to knock anything

Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2011 :  10:55:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
trust me, you will soon get sick of moving the top one off, plus the heatmat and tiles etc just to do water changes and spot clean the bottom one or everytime you get the snake out!

Get a cheap side table from ikea, £7.99 :)
Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2011 :  10:57:32  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
the plan is to get an open backed book case to sit them on but this is just for in the mean time

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2011 :  11:03:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems your minds made up then ;)
Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2011 :  11:05:15  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
no its not made up at all, just asking if this is a good idea but seems not

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2011 :  11:07:50  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
do u really want to risk that accidents can happen all it takes is someone to bump the table by mistake without realising with a big or something an dislodge it slighty then a door to be slammed an it will slide off, lid most prob get disloged then we will have u posting over a lost snake. take our advice or risk it choice is yours. i know what id do

1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2011 :  11:12:53  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Chris I'm not daft nor irresponsible and I always take the advice from here, i did not know if this would be a good idea or not, i now know it is not, i may be inexperienced in snakes but i am not stupid, i will just use cheap folding tables until i sort something out.

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2011 :  11:19:20  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think I would probably get fed up with the faffing around everytimg i wanted to go into the bottom faun. Also you would have to make sure the thermostat probe was back in the right place on the top one and make sure temps were ok again everytime.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2011 :  11:21:35  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i never said u were in experienced or anything of the sort ailsa, but u did say 'it's in a corner out of the way and no kids running around to knock anything' adults are just as likey to knock or bump it as kids! to often we hear of people havin fauns knocked an the lids get dislodged this is why people tent to use rubs more now an they lids are locked on

1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2011 :  11:31:34  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I will move up to a rub when needs be, it is after all a beginners faun I have - beginner meaning having NEVER owned a snake before and just learning and since i am the only adult in the house should i have decided to go and do that id have been very careful. However, 2 folding tables set up in corner will sufice in the mean time, thank you.

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2011 :  11:32:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do your cats not jump up on the tables?
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2011 :  11:36:10  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
my cats are always knocking things off/over

one of them even fell in the bath the other day i did lmfao

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2011 :  11:38:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had 2 kittens when I first got Nimbus. I walked in the front room after being in the kitchen for 5 mins, and both kittens were sat ontop of the faun looking through the plastic window on the top!

Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2011 :  11:41:23  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
No my cats know better than to jump on tables, only place they jump up on is part of kitchen work top i don't use for food prep, they like it as the sun belts in on it but no they are well behaved cats and know what they are not allowed on and they only tend to knock my candle holders of bathroom window ledge

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2011 :  11:43:56  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Alisa were advicing from expericance an past threads of people in similer situations asking an having done the same things, NOT becuase ya inexperianced or anything like that. all weve said is what could and has happened to people in the past take from it what u will were just helping u make the right decissions.

sorry if u toke what i said to heart it wasnt ment to me

1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2011 :  12:02:37  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Chris i know what you said, a little blunt and possibly tarring me with the same brush as some of the people on here who do some stupid things, im just not one of those people i take good advice, use it and stick by it, weeks ago i knew nothing about correctly caring for a snake, now i've learned a vast amount just from reading threads on this site and absorbing all the info

Edited by - Ailsa on 28/04/2011 12:24:48
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2011 :  12:31:36  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
it was not tarring with the same brush, it was using previous users experiances to advice of what can sometimes happen, after all thats the whole idea of being on here right, to gain from peoples experiance

1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2011 :  16:09:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think its a good idea , along with the sliding off etc , would be a nite mare trying to get to the bottom one all the time . Ours are sat next to each other with one mat stat and one mat and its perfect for now . I don't think anyone was calling u stupid or inexperienced , just pointing out what u asked using other peoples experiences , after all that's what keeping snakes is about , learning as we go and gettin more experienced . The bookcase idea sounds fab and on two tables in the corner wud be fine too :)

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

vivtastic
50% Warning

76 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  00:21:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by Louise32

I had 2 kittens when I first got Nimbus. I walked in the front room after being in the kitchen for 5 mins, and both kittens were sat ontop of the faun looking through the plastic window on the top!

It would really concern me that any cats are around snakes in lightweight containers, the reality is you cannot surpress cats instincs and you cannot keep an eye on them all the time, possibly an accident waiting to happen?.

Kindest regards

Vivtastic
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000