Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MrsA82
Yearling

United Kingdom
582 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2011 :  18:42:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ive seen pictures of people letting there snake crawl In the garden
And was wondering what people thought about it and do you let your snake crawl in your garden

Just asking as I thought the snake might pick up creepy crawlies
That might not be good for the snake

0.1 Philodryas baroni
2.7 western hognose
3.7 royal pythons

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2011 :  18:52:23  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Personally I don't let my snakes slither about in the garden. I'd be too worried about escapes and bugs!
If they go outside they're wrapped around my arm or neck.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2011 :  18:55:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't with my corns or anything that size. Maybe would with a lazy royal or a big boa but would just be to get pics, wouldn't be something I would do everyday.
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2011 :  19:13:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've taken my Royal outside briefly to introduce him to the neighbours but I would never set them down outside, too many risks/worries/concerns. It would be just my look that the massive heron that occasionally hides on my balcony would swoop down and have them.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky

Edited by - lotabob on 23/04/2011 19:14:35
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2011 :  19:34:08  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Funnily enough I just took mine out in the garden and wondered why Charlotte went into a massive instant mental fit.
Then realised that Alice (the ferret) had been out wandering on her lead about 3 hours before hand in the same place.

I still then took the others out, just stayed away from where Alice had been wandering, got some good pics as well. Natural light and sunlight can really show up the colours/markings on snakes.

Mine are never more than about 12 inches away from my hands when they do go in the garden.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

meggi
Hatchling

United Kingdom
321 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2011 :  10:38:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i let Tobasco out, mainly on the grass. As long as you watch them, they should be ok. I always wait until warm weather, so he doesnt get to cold. When ever he has been out, i always give him a quick rinse with luke warm water. The only thing id only watch for is ticks from the grass. Our grass is normally kept short, so it shouldn`t be a problem.

Meg x :)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000