New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2011 :  23:51:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
kai has just come out of shed so we fed him late at nite the nite he shed , he normally has 2 pinks so this was two days ago now , came home tonite to a regurge , i pink that was partially digested and one that was just a head . im thinking it was due to one of the pinks being abit bigger , the temps are 28 in the warm end and its room temp in the cold . do u think it was just down to being abit too much for him as he regurged 2 days after feeding him ? hes been in the warm end which i thought was him digesting as thats what he has done all the other times . will leave him 10 days no contact except for cleaning / water change and then try him on just one small pink and then if that goes ok , another one pink 7 days after that :( feel sad as hes a great feeder usually :(

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2011 :  23:57:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It could have been a case of too much food or something as simple as a little bit stressed after shedding. Spot regurged once, I followed the regurge stickie and its not happened again.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2011 :  00:00:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think the first one was abit too big as he is normally on 2 small ones , and one was probably enough as it was abit bigger , will follow the sticky , just feel sad :(

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2011 :  00:02:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this corn the same one that had the regurge problem before? Or am I thinking of another person?
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2011 :  00:04:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that was kyle who the shop had back (he kept regurging for them ) we have had kai a month nearly and hes never done it before

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2011 :  00:18:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its worth double checking everything in the sticky but don't panic, its just the one for Kai, just drop a food size when you attempt to feed in 2 weeks and build back up to large items and stick to singles for now too if the regurge was an untouched pinkie.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2011 :  00:21:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah one of them wasnt digested , smelt vile tho . looked over the sticky and the only thing that has changed was that one of the pinks was fairly big compared to the other , so will drop it rite down to one pink , and then do that for a few feeds , then all being well would it be better to keep two small pinks or a regular pink fluff ? kodi has one of those every 5 days and is putting weight on nicely . however kai is older but much slimmer x

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2011 :  00:25:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never bothered with doubling I just went up in proportion to Spots thick bit. Spot had a regurge but it was a new hide/temp issue and was easy to solve and touch wood never happened since. And your not wrong, the smell is truely repulsive, nostril burning stomach turning whiff.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2011 :  00:29:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
okies well i will go one pink for a few feeds and let him get back to normal , we have some vit drops u put in the water , worth giving a go ? i can pin point the prob so hopefully can fix it so it wont happen again . we had him from the same shop as kyle who regurged then didnt eat and regurged for her . she told us with kai that as he is skinny feed two pinks every 4 days to add some girth to him then go onto fluffs (the ones up from pinks , they dont look that fluffy lol ) kai is my fave snake out of our three , love them all but hes a cheeky chap with somethin about him so hate the thought hes not well

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2011 :  00:41:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Vit drops cant hurt. Its likely nothing to worry about they just like to throw us a curve ball when we think we are getting on top of things. If everything else is fine but the size was changed its very likely you have found the problem. The next 2 weeks will be a nightmare, not handling nort feeding etc, it near killed me, I was so glad to get Spot on the food again and out for a quick walk.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2011 :  00:47:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah we are on a hands off with all the snakes , kodi is in shed and is a pretty mardy snake anyway lol , and zac is still bein a poltasnake , and now no kai , maybe i should buy the anery corn and then i have one to hold , scratch that they need a week to settle in :( boo . lol . i think i worry more because of all the problems we had with kyle . my missus hasnt seena regurge before and she said wen we first had kyle he had been fed the day we had him , the day after she said she cleaned a big poo out and thinking back she said it looked like what kai has just regurged so it seems kyle was having problems before we even had him . will give kai a small pink for a good few feeds not double up and then root through the pinks and fluffs and find a size that just leaves a nice bump

Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2011 :  10:00:45  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
How old is Kai? Reason am asking is Dakota is just over 3 months old and when i fed her on wed the pinkie didnt leave much of a bump so i was perhaps gonna try 2 pinkies but after reading your Kai had a regurge maybe i should stick to 1 pinkie for time being.

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2011 :  10:53:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh no,I know its easier said then done,but try not to worry too much.
I know you had a lot of trouble with your other snake,but this sounds like it was just one of them things. Hopefully he'll take a small pinkie for you at the end of the hands off period and be back to his normal self.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2011 :  11:49:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
kai is 12 months in may at some point , so i think hes abit skinny for his age . he seems fine in himself as in hes out and at the front of the faun now we are doin our dinner like normal , he isnt shy in the slightest . just hope he feeds ok after hes settled back down . hes normally a strike feeder and he didnt really strike or show as much interest as he normally does , so im thinking we will wait a few days after shedding too next time . its still a learning curb keeping snakes , but we had so many troubles with the first snake and him regurging is bringin back all the problems we had (im a born worrier lol) thanks for ur reasurances :)

Go to Top of Page

snowstripe420
Egg

Canada
81 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2011 :  02:12:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hmm. after reeding this im kinda worried. i fed otis a really small fuzzie with a larger fuzzie. no harm done?

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2011 :  18:38:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we are leaving him alone for 10 days and then will give him one pinkie and slowly build him back up :) hes like a small child , eyes bigger than his belly !

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000